GDT: Gm #73 OTT at BUF 27-Mar 7:00pm MSG, ESPN+ stream, WGR radio

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Like an obligatory hospital visit to a critically ill loved one for which there is miniscule hope of recovery, someone's gotta start a GDT. I don't think I've done one this season; certainly not this calendar year.

Senators (30-36-4) at Sabres (34-33-5).

I expect Luukkonen in goal.
you sound like me, i'm an islanders fan :)

also in fantasy league playoffs, any news on jost?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
you sound like me, i'm an islanders fan :)

also in fantasy league playoffs, any news on jost?

First off, welcome. Second, how deep is your fantasy league that someone has Tyson Jost?

Last we heard, he was out for some reason. He practiced yesterday -

• Love
Reactions: Mike C

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
My questions are ....

Will the Sabres play desperate hockey the rest of the way?

Or have they already accepted the inevitable?

And .....

Isn't this time of year where all the TV commentators/analyst say players are still playing hard for roster slots on next season's team?

Sorry to have such a negative mindset...... :help:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm just interested in the comedy potential for Buffalo finishing ahead of the Sens, particularly if they win tonight based purely on this:

Reactions: Dingo44

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
First off, welcome. Second, how deep is your fantasy league that someone has Tyson Jost?

Last we heard, he was out for some reason. He practiced yesterday -

very deep.....20 teams, 4 lines 6 D 5 UTL 3 G

those couple of shots and a hit may make a difference.....plus Buff is the only team that plays both today AND fri ----desperate times right??

thanks for the info!!

Reactions: Chainshot

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Interested to see who shows up with two essentially eliminated teams that both hoped to take the next step this year. I'm assuming the home team will have the advantage here, but the f*** if I can figure out what phase of the moon motivates this team to not be ass.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
My questions are ....

Will the Sabres play desperate hockey the rest of the way?

Or have they already accepted the inevitable?

And .....

Isn't this time of year where all the TV commentators/analyst say players are still playing hard for roster slots on next season's team?

Sorry to have such a negative mindset...... :help:
They'll play annoyingly well

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
What wins out, the way they generally show up and play hard when the season's already toast or how much they suck ass on home ice against fellow bottom-feeders?

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Playing Jost and Oloffson is certainly a choice.

Sounds like Rousek is out with an injury. Rochester has a game important to their playoff drive tonight, this may be a case of them shading toward not recalling another Amerk and going with what they have in-house than anything else. I also doubt Quinn hasn't already been skating with the dev and training staff guys prior to yesterday's practice.

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Sounds like Rousek is out with an injury. Rochester has a game important to their playoff drive tonight, this may be a case of them shading toward not recalling another Amerk and going with what they have in-house than anything else. I also doubt Quinn hasn't already been skating with the dev and training staff guys prior to yesterday's practice.
Run 7 d, I can't watch Oloffson anymore

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Happy Quinn is back. Fearful he'll get reinjured during the last 10 games of a lost season.
If he is medically cleared, it would be random bad luck. I actually want to see him get as many reps as possible heading into the off season. Big offseason for him, Power, Byrum, JJP and Benson.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
If he is medically cleared, it would be random bad luck. I actually want to see him get as many reps as possible heading into the off season. Big offseason for him, Power, Byrum, JJP and Benson.
I don't necessarily disagree with you ... but it's been one practice. Seems a bit rushed to me and I don't see the harm in holding him off until Friday's game. 9 games vs 10 games isn't that much of a difference.

I really, really hope nothing happens to him. I think its an integral part of a successful Sabres team going forward. But like I said, seems a bit rushed to me.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I don't necessarily disagree with you ... but it's been one practice. Seems a bit rushed to me and I don't see the harm in holding him off until Friday's game. 9 games vs 10 games isn't that much of a difference.

I really, really hope nothing happens to him. I think its an integral part of a successful Sabres team going forward. But like I said, seems a bit rushed to me.
True. But if cleared any subsequent harm will be from a new cause. I doubt he re-injures the same area. As for practice, it hasn’t seemed to help the “healthy” guys and they haven’t updated the playbook since the Bush administration. I had questions about his conditioning when he returned the first time. That would be my only concern.

Reactions: Ehran

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
So does Brady continue to punk on Ras or does he give the new guy a run?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad