Post-Game Talk: [GM 73] Canucks defeat Blackhawks | 4-2 | Di Giuseppe, Petterson(2), & Boeser

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: March 26th, 3:00PM PST
WHERE: United Center, Chicago, IL
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Podkolzin - Pettersson - Kuzmenko
Di Giuseppe - Miller - Boeser
Beauvillier - Dries - Garland
Joshua - Aman - Kravtsov

Hughes - Bear
Hronek - Myers
Rathbone - Burroughs

Delia

Blackhawks Line-Up:

TBD

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
Copied the lineup from yesterday - but I would guess we see McDonough today, unless Tocchet decides not to tinker with a winning lineup.
I would assume McDonough is in for Podz who won't play due to injury. Looked like his wrist got messed up a bit being sandwiched by two Stars in the 3rd. If Podz is good to go, then Kravt Dinner sits for McDonough.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I swear if the Blackhawks get rewarded with Connor Bedard after intentionally tanking since the 23 draft, I will be one pissed off fan. Hopefully the Hawks get f**ked like the Sabres did when the intentionally tanked in the McDavid draft.

The Blackhawks shouldn't even have a first this year after the sickening Kyle Beach scandal that was swept under the rug by the whole organisation. The whole organisation can go pound sand.

I hope Pettersson continues his point streak, and makes his way to 100.

Go Canucks

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Wondering if Podz comes out after getting his wrist banged up yesterday..?

Canucks played a complete game yesterday...The D...Hughes,Bear,Hronek,Myers looked solid throughout.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Canucks should win..The Hawks team is unabashedly designed to lose games by their management...Similar to the Coyotes (who at least show up to play).

Lainestache

Jan 3, 2022
Hey there Nucks fans and greetings from Finland. I have a question for you guys regarding your first powerplay unit. Rotowire is listing your pp1 to be constructed of Petterson, Boeser, J.T Miller, Hronek and Hughes. Is this legit? Just curious, cause i barely see pp units that have two defenders on it nowadays. If it's indeed like that, may i ask why?

Reason i popped in is because i am playing this fantasy HockeyGM over here in Finland and as soon as i saw that, i picked up Hronek on top of Miller and Hughes i already had. Sorry to barge in like this, but i've been enjoying the late success you've had after Demko found his groove and the addition of Hronek was imo brilliant. Here's hoping for a healthy next season and hopefully playoffs!

Cheers!

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Hey there Nucks fans and greetings from Finland. I have a question for you guys regarding your first powerplay unit. Rotowire is listing your pp1 to be constructed of Petterson, Boeser, J.T Miller, Hronek and Hughes. Is this legit? Just curious, cause i barely see pp units that have two defenders on it nowadays. If it's indeed like that, may i ask why?

Reason i popped in is because i am playing this fantasy HockeyGM over here in Finland and as soon as i saw that, i picked up Hronek on top of Miller and Hughes i already had. Sorry to barge in like this, but i've been enjoying the late success you've had after Demko found his groove and the addition of Hronek was imo brilliant. Here's hoping for a healthy next season and hopefully playoffs!

Cheers!
Depends who you dropped for Hronek. Hronek has played some pp1 with Hughes and PP2 on his own these last games so who knows. I wouldnt expect us to get a lot of powerplays today with the refs trying to even things up anyway

just22

Aug 2, 2009
Expecting another win. Can we get a multi point game from Petey at least?

Lainestache

Jan 3, 2022
Depends who you dropped for Hronek. Hronek has played some pp1 with Hughes and PP2 on his own these last games so who knows. I wouldnt expect us to get a lot of powerplays today with the refs trying to even things up anyway
It was Montour from the Panthers, who has been.. disappointing so to speak for more than a few games now.

Alright thanks, i thought it was carved in stone that they hold the fort in the same pp1. And sorry i don't follow, whatcha mean by "trying to even things up anyway"?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

The experimented with this unit for about one shift late against the Sharks and during yesterday's game against the Stars. We have no idea if this is the look going forward.

The main reason would be to get another shooter on the unit for Miller and Hughes to feed. Boeser has become the net-front presence so Pettersson is the only one who consistently gets into a shooting position.

Reactions: Lainestache

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
It was Montour from the Panthers, who has been.. disappointing so to speak for more than a few games now.

Alright thanks, i thought it was carved in stone that they hold the fort in the same pp1. And sorry i don't follow, whatcha mean by "trying to even things up anyway"?
This is only the 3rd game Hronek will have played for us so he is still being moved everywhere to see what works best. Adding in the rest of our D isnt great and have been injured recently it is a crapshoot. The even things up comment is something the refs seem to do whether it has to do with gambling, NHL policies, or the refs needing to micromanage the game

Reactions: Lainestache

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Blackhawks lines 24-42-6

Reichel Anthanasiou Entwistle
Johnson Dickinson Raddysh
Katchouk Khaira Anderson
Hardman Johnson Robinson

Jones Jones
Tinordi Murphy
Kaiser Zaitsev
Englund Mitchell

Mrazek Stalock

Injured: Toews Blackwell Bjork Wagner Kurashev
(from their board)

I, for one, am flabbergasted that Jarred Tinordi is still kicking around. Remember when Vancouver traded their 2010 1st round pick because Montreal took him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad