Post-Game Talk: [GM 71] Canucks defeat Sharks | 7-2 | Miller, Kuzmenko, Joshua, Garland, Podkolzin, Di Giuseppe, & Dries

ohnoeszz

May 5, 2010
Y'all should lay off Reimer a bit if you're just upset about the jersey thing. It's clear he's not anti-gay. He's anti pride.

Reactions: AzNightmare

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I recorded the game, and I literally just watched it. No commercials, I was not on a hfb throughout the game either.

Here is my unbiassed take on the game.

Hronik..I don’t think he lost the one puck battle, this entire game.
Ever pass was Crisp, it was literally the perfect game for him.

Hronek is Lidstrom

That is all

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I recorded the game, and I literally just watched it. No commercials, I was not on a hfb throughout the game either.

Here is my unbiassed take on the game.

Hronik..I don’t think he lost the one puck battle, this entire game.
Ever pass was Crisp, it was literally the perfect game for him.

Hronik is Lidstrom

That is all

You spelled his name wrong!
:laugh:

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Putting up 7 on Reimer feels pretty nice.

Nice work by the team tonight.

Screenshot-20230324-010104.png

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Jeez. Suddenly our depth guys that were doing so well are dropping left and right.

Juulsen out for the season is a tough blow for Abbotsford. Ouch.

Wolanin hurt something, Brisebois dealing with a few things…hope they recover fast.

• Wow
Reactions: Play and Indiana

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

Jeez. Suddenly our depth guys that were doing so well are dropping left and right.

Juulsen out for the season is a tough blow for Abbotsford. Ouch.

Wolanin hurt something, Brisebois dealing with a few things…hope they recover fast.

... The two best college FA D (according to the industry) got eliminated today. One LHD, one RHD from the same team, and both with BC roots (albeit, both flames fans growing up).

They would both be in the lineup their first games here.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I just went through the entire thread, You guys did not give hronek enough love, I am disappointed with you guys.

I think I might have to make a compilation of every shift he had, seriously, the amount of smart defensive plays he made over and over and over was ridiculous, it’s only the San Jose Sharks, but I was incredibly impressed.

His skating is really really smooth, smart, decision making, very aggressive defender. Also, he was awesome tonight.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Sloppy game and we didn’t skate or play well but holy hell is SJ bad. And after watching Erik Karlsson’s ‘effort’ this game I’d have a hell of a hard time giving him a Norris vote no matter how many points he has. That was worse from him than JT Miller’s worst-effort game from the start of this year.

- Hronek was really good especially defensively and especially considering his injury and layoff. Very active and confident breaking up plays, pushed the play in the right direction. Funnily struggled at the point and with his shot tonight which is normally his sweet spot.

- Joshua and Di Giuseppe both continue to excel in depth roles, nice to see both rewarded with multi-point games.

- Pettersson kinda mailed this one in and had one of his most passive games of the year. That line scored early but weren’t very good.

- Podkolzin really needed that goal. Thought he played a bit better tonight overall. Kravtsov just doesn’t have it.

- JT Miller continues to absolutely beast his way through this month. Playing unreal hockey.

- Conor Garland quietly has 18 points in 25 games (14 ES) since Tocchet took over and looks back to the best version of himself. I’ve mentioned it a couple times but I wonder how much his preseason concussion affected him as a guy who really has to go to dirty areas as a tiny player to be effective.

- Burroughs a tidy +4 tonight.

- Garrett was exactly right in saying that Bear played much better without the full shield.

- feel for Wolanin who signs a new deal and promptly gets hurt. At least it’s ‘lower body’ and not his problem shoulder.

Man, I’ll miss John Garrett. Even when things were at their worst here, he always made broadcasts a cheerful, pleasant, likeable experience to watch. Never took himself too seriously, knew when to shut up, but also knew the sport and underneath his likeable persona the analysis was always sharp.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Mariners > Blue ja
I just went through the entire thread, You guys did not give hronek enough love, I am disappointed with you guys.

I think I might have to make a compilation of every shift he had, seriously, the amount of smart defensive plays he made over and over and over was ridiculous, it’s only the San Jose Sharks, but I was incredibly impressed.

His skating is really really smooth, smart, decision making, very aggressive defender. Also, he was awesome tonight.
Ya I went to the game mainly to watch his first. Smart. A better skater than I thought based on the reports I’ve read and a real solid passer. Good debut. I’m reading a lot of criticism of the team in this game and it’s fair but they didn’t give a f***. It was an easy win so they picked their spots.

Reactions: Nomobo and Indiana

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

well you weren't the only one who felt that way Garrett was raving about him all game

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
He was covering his guy expecting a forward to come back. It was a bad line change.
He couldn’t turn his head to check the middle of the ice? His partner had the puck carrier. Turn your stupid giraffe head for once

Sloppy game and we didn’t skate or play well but holy hell is SJ bad. And after watching Erik Karlsson’s ‘effort’ this game I’d have a hell of a hard time giving him a Norris vote no matter how many points he has. That was worse from him than JT Miller’s worst-effort game from the start of this year.

- Hronek was really good especially defensively and especially considering his injury and layoff. Very active and confident breaking up plays, pushed the play in the right direction. Funnily struggled at the point and with his shot tonight which is normally his sweet spot.

- Joshua and Di Giuseppe both continue to excel in depth roles, nice to see both rewarded with multi-point games.

- Pettersson kinda mailed this one in and had one of his most passive games of the year. That line scored early but weren’t very good.

- Podkolzin really needed that goal. Thought he played a bit better tonight overall. Kravtsov just doesn’t have it.

- JT Miller continues to absolutely beast his way through this month. Playing unreal hockey.

- Conor Garland quietly has 18 points in 25 games (14 ES) since Tocchet took over and looks back to the best version of himself. I’ve mentioned it a couple times but I wonder how much his preseason concussion affected him as a guy who really has to go to dirty areas as a tiny player to be effective.

- Burroughs a tidy +4 tonight.

- Garrett was exactly right in saying that Bear played much better without the full shield.

- feel for Wolanin who signs a new deal and promptly gets hurt. At least it’s ‘lower body’ and not his problem shoulder.

Man, I’ll miss John Garrett. Even when things were at their worst here, he always made broadcasts a cheerful, pleasant, likeable experience to watch. Never took himself too seriously, knew when to shut up, but also knew the sport and underneath his likeable persona the analysis was always sharp.
Excellent write up. Agree with your analysis. 100% on Karlsson also. The media is embarrassing for considering him a favourite

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Ya I went to the game mainly to watch his first. Smart. A better skater than I thought based on the reports I’ve read and a real solid passer. Good debut. I’m reading a lot of criticism of the team in this game and it’s fair but they didn’t give a f***. It was an easy win so they picked their spots.
if this Islanders pick drops to around 20, my opinion on the trade significatly changes.

I am shocked at how good the Islanders are doing right now, unprotected, first next year, will be terrifying, but if we’re doing this retool shit, they better go all in on it, doing anything half ass, won’t do anything, you have two years to fix this mess, we’re never going to rebuild

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Wings fan in peace. How did Hronek look in his first game for you? I see he played 24+ minutes with 3 hits.

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad