Post-Game Talk: GM 52: Vancouver Canucks 2 @ Nashville Predators 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
The season series ended 1-1-1.

And if I'm correct, the upcoming stretch will be Vancouver's final visits to Eastern Conference barns this season.

Correct.

Columbus(9th), Boston(11th), Buffalo (12th), Pittsburgh (14).

We then wrap back to the Western Conference for one game in St.Louis and return home.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
No discpline going to McLeod for his hit on Baertschi.

Another addition to my playlist. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1YpzS0lluz11cp4OgZymLeeIp-ZNf_pD&disable_polymer=true

This doesn't include headshots to Henrik by McNabb, Horvat by Pirri and that knee on knee hit by Perrault on Hansen.

Utter incompetence and clear favouritism by the league.

Absolutely absurd. Patterson pointed out on Twitter this morning - how is this remotely different from the Virtanen/Polak hit last year?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Absolutely absurd. Patterson pointed out on Twitter this morning - how is this remotely different from the Virtanen/Polak hit last year?

I thought the Virt suspension was a joke too, but I don't have a problem here. Neither player is looking at each other (both eying the puck) and both skate into each other's lane. Baertschi curls into McLeods lane more than McLeod skates into his. The results of the hit are the angle of the collision and the size disparity of the players involved.

Non issue in my books.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Why even bother asking the league to look into Canucks Stuff.

it is just a waste of time.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I think I suggested that in October.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did suggest this in October, and took a lot of flack for it because "Eriksson was brought in for the Sedins"

I also suggested pairing Stecher with Edler.

Right again.

If/When Baertschi gets cleared our top two lines should be:

Baertschi-Horvat-Eriksson
Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Use this opportunity to see if Horvat and Baertschi can match-up against top competition, and see how they respond to first line minutes.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I did suggest this in October, and took a lot of flack for it because "Eriksson was brought in for the Sedins"

Right again.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Use this opportunity to see if Horvat and Baertschi can match-up against top competition, and see how they respond to first line minutes.

Pauser ol buddy. I saw this with the utmost respect: you gotta lay off the martyr verbage.

Saying "likewise" works exactly the same. :)

Yep to your lines. Me likey. :nod:

Those should have been the lines right from the get go.

Eriksson should have been GLUED to the Bae and Bo... like with crazy glue.

Instead, #medicinehat4lyfe has been playing musical chairs with Loui all season long and Loui right now looks just as lost as he did at the beginning the season. :shakehead

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I also was in favour of keeping Hansen with the Sedins as that line was effective last year and I saw no reason to break it up.

But if you want to play Eriksson with the Sedins, you have to leave him there for awhile and give it a fair shake, not try it for 5 games and then give up.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Pauser ol buddy. I saw this with the utmost respect: you gotta lay off the martyr verbage.

Saying "likewise" works exactly the same. :)

Yep to your lines. Me likey. :nod:

Those should have been the lines right from the get go.

Eriksson should have been GLUED to the Bae and Bo... like with crazy glue.

Instead, #medicinehat4lyfe has been playing musical chairs with Loui all season long and Loui right now looks just as lost as he did at the beginning the season. :shakehead

Not martyr verbiage at all. More of an "I told ya so" statement.

Petrichor

Jan 25, 2017
Silly to suggest Horvat should be playing with Eriksson in October. He was brought in for the Sedins and it makes sense to at least give them to November/December to develop chemistry.

But the funny thing is, it's not like moving Eriksson to Horvat's line suddenly makes this team into a playoff contender. No, you're just shuffling chairs on a sinking ship.

This team is bad from top to bottom.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Right again.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

I remember there being a discussion about Sutter and Eriksson together back then, not Horvat and Eriksson.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2122163&highlight=eriksson&page=18

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Eriksson with the Sedins wasnt even really tried that much. They were more with Magna. Hansen for a bit too. Kind of an insane coach if winning is what hes trying to do

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Eriksson with the Sedins wasnt even really tried that much. They were more with Magna. Hansen for a bit too. Kind of an insane coach if winning is what hes trying to do

It was tried a good amount 2bh

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
By this time next year, the Sedin era in Vancouver will be only a month away from coming to end.....and after what is looking every day like two bad lottery seasons in a row, and the strong likelihood that it'll be years before the Canucks are competitive, you just can't see them signing a string of one-year deals...what would be the point?

Still, based on what we've been seeing lately, the next hockey season is going to be hard to watch.....The irony of course if that if Willie just had the jam to split them up, I honestly think Henrik could play with faster wingers....he's done it before.....but tethered to Daniel, the line is too slow, can't defend, and spends more time being victimized by the cycle in their own zone, than getting the cycle going at the other end.

Maybe a new coach next season would actually rejuvenate them by reducing their ice-time and splitting them up.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
6-16-3 on the road.

if you count overtime losses in the losses category

Then you get a solid 31% winning record on the road. The worst road record in the NHL.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
6-16-3 on the road.

if you count overtime losses in the losses category

Then you get a solid 31% winning record on the road. The worst road record in the NHL.

Yep and when you throw in the 29th rank pp (30th on the road); a pk now ranked at 23rd; and averaging 33 shots against in the past 27 games; you get the idea that the Canucks are exactly where they should be.

Really up to the owners and Linen/Jimbo to fix this train-wreck now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad