Pre-Game Talk: GM 38 | Vancouver Canucks vs TBD - Return Postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Who is this bozo reporter asking Bo if he feels we're going to get "steamrolled" (verbatim) lol

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Jim Benning speaking just infuriates me.

Every single answer starts somewhere but he has no idea where it's going

Jim on Petey (paraphrase): he's rehabbing but he has no timeline on his return, if he returns at all. I feel like he should not have said that he might not return if he didn't mean that.....

Last edited:

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015

Petey sounds done for the season tbh. Benning talking about rehabbing an injury. Considering how long he's out this feels like a rehab vs surgery route and he's taking the rehab route.

Reactions: m9

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Petey sounds done for the season tbh. Benning talking about rehabbing an injury. Considering how long he's out this feels like a rehab vs surgery route and he's taking the rehab route.

I just hope the expert doctor Petey is seeing is actually really good. Would suck old socks if Petey is still struggling with this next season, and then has to get the surgery he could have had now.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
How did Pettersson's injury turn into likely missing 30 games? That's a pretty major injury....

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I am not comfortable watching these upcoming games. I may watch one or two but I'm not even sure if I can muster that. This all seems cruel, complete lack of empathy, and management and the league are barely concealing their actual intentions.

Reactions: Peen

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Hopefully someone asks Benning why he didn't call players up from Utica until today.
“Well, you know, it’s a day by day thing.”
The guy says “you know”, like we actually know! Then he tells the hosts on 650, when asked about the overpay for Pearson and the cap implications, there are things we “don’t know.”
The guy is just friggin’ terrible on all accounts.

Reactions: kevinsane and m9

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Hopefully someone asks Benning why he didn't call players up from Utica until today.

Sure seems to me like he had no idea how the players actually felt and was content with just following the leagues direction.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I am not comfortable watching these upcoming games. I may watch one or two but I'm not even sure if I can muster that. This all seems cruel, complete lack of empathy, and management and the league are barely concealing their actual intentions.
The players want to play?

Reactions: m9

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Bo looks like a guy who just spent the week on a couch, feeling like shit, barely enough energy to get up to piss.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Sure seems to me like he had no idea how the players actually felt and was content with just following the leagues direction.

I get that players have been a bit slower getting back due to the variant and they couldn't really predict that. But if they had been speaking to players regularly it should have been obvious that they were dealing with something a bit stronger/different and then adjusted their plan. It's like they just woke up Thursday for practice and realized they didn't have enough players to play a game.

How they've managed this whole thing is just so on-brand with how they manage their hockey team, no foresight and just completely reactive.

Reactions: racerjoe

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Seriously Jim reminds me of myself. I procrastinate the hell out of everything. And I should never ever be the manager in any organization ever.

Reactions: lindgren

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's 'official'.....the Canucks and the Leafs face off at the Rog on Sunday night.....we need a GDT.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Perhaps a stupid question, but why did Miller and other healthy Canucks only skate a couple times in the last couple of weeks? These are NHL players, they don’t know how to stay in at least close to game shape on their own?

Because they were not allowed in the rink. It was closed. After that you'd have to ask them.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
So am I to understand that Rathbone, Gadjovich, and Baertschi have been recalled or is it just Rathbone and the other 2 are rumored. Those 2 did not play today and they did not get injured in the last game from all of my observations.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
So am I to understand that Rathbone, Gadjovich, and Baertschi have been recalled or is it just Rathbone and the other 2 are rumored. Those 2 did not play today and they did not get injured in the last game from all of my observations.

Rathbone has been recalled. Faber said Gadjovich was out for a maintenance day, and we haven’t heard anything either way about Baertschi yet.

Reactions: Bad Goalie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad