GDT: GM#34 LA Kings vs New York Islanders @4:00

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Also, I'm not really mad about it, just curious about the criteria, because a little silly to me that NYI gets the benefit of a Toronto/league office challenge at the end there instead of a Doug Weight challenge which would have resulted in a PP for us.

Edit: unless they weren't reviewing offside at all

Yeah, what exactly were they reviewing, the interference, or the offside?

The wording by the ref wss : "after coaches challenge video review iniciated by Toronto ...."n
so does that mean no penalty is awarded if it stands and the challenge is lost?

Last edited:

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Watching the Cap's just tie up the Ducks. Are Ahlers and Hazy doing the game from a diving bell? The sound is funky and not good funk

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
As maybe an aside I LOVE watching Drew play against the superstars on the east coast, he gets up for the defensive battle, it's a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

Reactions: Kylo Ren

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
As maybe an aside I LOVE watching Drew play against the superstars on the east coast, he gets up for the defensive battle, it's a hell of a lot of fun to watch.
yeah he definitely did a number on tavares in the 3rd, he was all over him

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Well 7-2-1 in last 10, that is till pretty solid, all about perspective.

Kings have played a shit load of games tied with Blues with 34, so a much needed lighter schedule will be forth coming.

Reactions: Bandit

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Kings have played a **** load of games tied with Blues with 34, so a much needed lighter schedule will be forth coming.

Yeah, but some blogger will bring up that the Kings are only 11-10 over their last 21, ignoring the fact they're still in 1st place.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Also, I'm not really mad about it, just curious about the criteria, because a little silly to me that NYI gets the benefit of a Toronto/league office challenge at the end there instead of a Doug Weight challenge which would have resulted in a PP for us.

Edit: unless they weren't reviewing offside at all
All reviews in the final minute and ot are instituted by the league. It's been that way from the beginning. But with the rule change on offside it does make that rule interesting. And hadn't thought about it.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Kings have played a **** load of games tied with Blues with 34, so a much needed lighter schedule will be forth coming.

Yeah, we often look at the smaller picture like 6 games in 10, but Stevens has pointed out we're in one of the heaviest parts of our schedule, maybe the worst month workload wise. Another 3 in 4 and 4 in 6 on the road is bad when you've been playing or flying almost every other day.

at the end of the Philly game, we'll have played 19 games in 36 days including about 2 and a half weeks crossing the country (not sure how many travel days).

Not saying other teams don't have to deal with the same, just some perspective. And doing all of this without Carter.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Hanging onto 1st. Behind Vegas in points%. Most teams are though.

I am convinced McCarran airport closes for weeks at a time, Vegas is always at home. after Xmax through first week of Feb they will play like 5 at home and 14 on the road.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I am convinced McCarran airport closes for weeks at a time, Vegas is always at home. after Xmax through first week of Feb they will play like 5 at home and 14 on the road.

They've been breaking even, a little better than even, on the road so far too. At Nashville and at TB in a 3 day span should be interesting.

6 goals, led by Mitchell's 2, in 3 road games. 12 GA on 86 shots, for a .860sv%. That's going to equal 1 of 6 possible points. The Flyers are one of the hottest teams at the moment too.

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Kings need another Top 4 Defender and Carter to come back. Oh Also another Tweener at the deadline would be nice, someone that can play bottom six/top Six in a pinch.

Team would be set.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Many teams are just very close skillswise.

I will say it over and over again. I wouldnt call it too much parity but it is how it is.

Remember not so long ago when Winnipig couldnt lose and look at them now. More examples are there.

In OT Kings got two grade A chances but couldnt convert. I think Toffoli had to give it back to Kempe.

All teams are dealing with streaks with exception of Tampa and possibly St Louis.

We still got a point out of it.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Kings need another Top 4 Defender and Carter to come back. Oh Also another Tweener at the deadline would be nice, someone that can play bottom six/top Six in a pinch.

Team would be set.

I agree, but it is going to be extremely difficult to find this type of player on the trade market.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Win 8
drop 3 on the road

How many of those 8 wins were: get a 1 or 2 goal lead, shut down the opposition (includes the 3rd period!), basically cruise and watch a stress-free game? maybe 2?

p.s. just did a google search for "kings record / schedule" and it gave me the Sacto kings. You'd think that my history of opening 100s of L.A. Kings sites each month (and ZERO views to sacto kings), that it would default to the L.A. Kings hockey club. but you'd be wrong...

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
0-2-1 since Clifford's return. :sarcasm:

Obviously brodzinski isn't gonna be the difference maker between losses and wins, but he does add offensive balance to the bottom lines.

Can anyone make a case for the useless plug over Brodzinski?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Obviously brodzinski isn't gonna be the difference maker between losses and wins, but he does add offensive balance to the bottom lines.

Can anyone make a case for the useless plug over Brodzinski?

Easily, but I get the feeling you wouldn't listen. First and foremost, Clifford actually has a better career point pace than Brodzinski. And before you say small sample size, realize that's the gist of your argument as well.

That being said I wouldn't have made the change when things were going well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad