Pre-Game Talk: [GM 12] Canucks vs. Predators | Sat., Nov. 5th, 7pm, CBC/SN360 | Reserving for Ginger Papa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: November 5th, 7:00PM PST

WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: CBC/Sportsnet 360
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Hoglander-Horvat-Miller
Mikheyev-Pettersson-Kuzmenko
Pearson-Dries-Garland/Boeser
Joshua/Podkolzin-Aman-Studnicka

Hughes-Schenn
Stillman-Myers
OEL-Bear

???

Predators Line-Up:

???-???-???
???-???-???
???-???-???
???-???-???

???-???
???-???
???-???

???

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Both goalies have to be better..Even though we won last night, I dont believe that Martin can be happy with some of those he conceded.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I wasn't going to make a thread but saw that and...it has to be discussed. Even if it is everyone pointing and gawking.

On the plus side, seems like they may finally switch up the PK forwards.

Finally. Both of them just stand there and puck watch on the PK. It’s annoying to watch.

Reactions: andora

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Wouldnt surprise me to see Podkolzin munching popcorn from the press box on Saturday.
He’s struggled so I agree.

I’d still eventually like to see him back with either EP-Kuz or with Garland(they seem to bring out the best in each other, could play them on a sheltered line or something).

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Problem with not having either of those two on the PK is we’ll always lose the draws. I know some people don’t think it’s all that crucial but you have a hella of better chance killing off the PK if you clear the zone and don’t let the first unit get set up with the full 2 minutes to work with.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
He’s struggled so I agree.

I’d still eventually like to see him back with either EP-Kuz or with Garland(they seem to bring out the best in each other, could play them on a sheltered line or something).
Yeah..its weird..I have to agree with MS that Podz isnt moving his feet..Playing a reactive game , than getting out there and initiating (confidence)...like he was at the end of last season.

I was expecting him to really break out this season, ..only 2 assists so far..?

Reactions: sting101 and MS

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Finally. Both of them just stand there and puck watch on the PK. It’s annoying to watch.

Bo Horvat has been in this organization for 8 years now. We have had 3 coaches and 2 GM's in that time and they have continued to believe this player is a two-way defensive player and a penalty killer. It kills me every single time I see him out there and lack the complete defensive awareness to anticipate plays or be too slow to react. Pettersson at least has the fundamentals down to do some PK duties if they want to go that route.

JT Miller has the tools to be a decent two-way centerman but really lacks the mental toughness to last in that role.

Reactions: andora and mathonwy

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Hoglander looked to be the best option with EP and Kuz. He's the guy that just randomly forces loose pucks, so that the other can make the quick pass and shot. While his numbers don't show it this year, he's also the best weapon.

Miller and Bo is no surprise working well. All the 'rumors' are BS. Those 2 love to connect for goals, you don't usually see vets get as amped as them after a play.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Hoglander looked to be the best option with EP and Kuz. He's the guy that just randomly forces loose pucks, so that the other can make the quick pass and shot. While his numbers don't show it this year, he's also the best weapon.

Miller and Bo is no surprise working well. All the 'rumors' are BS. Those 2 love to connect for goals, you don't usually see vets get as amped as them after a play.

Mikheyev looks far better there than Hoglander.

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
Problem with not having either of those two on the PK is we’ll always lose the draws. I know some people don’t think it’s all that crucial but you have a hella of better chance killing off the PK if you clear the zone and don’t let the first unit get set up with the full 2 minutes to work with.
There’s no reason Horvat can’t take the draw and go to the bench first chance he gets. I’m surprised they don’t use him like this on the PK

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I was thinking, last night, that both Garland and Hoglander need to start thinking like Mikael Samuelsson. Shoot from everywhere. Hoglander forces so many turnovers then looks to make a pass but waits too long. Garland does the same entry and button hook. If they could start taking low hard shots on net, they'll create so much more chaos.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I was thinking, last night, that both Garland and Hoglander need to start thinking like Mikael Samuelsson. Shoot from everywhere. Hoglander forces so many turnovers then looks to make a pass but waits too long. Garland does the same entry and button hook. If they could start taking low hard shots on net, they'll create so much more chaos.
Plus it’ll open up passing lanes once teams expect you to shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad