• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Soccer kick to the guys head was a nice touch

I can't tell if you're saying he did that on purpose (or had any ability whatsoever to control his leg when he was a missile) or just memeing.

Trouba was definitely trying to hit Necas with his elbow. It was up before Necas ducked.

Trouba is extremely dirty. It's ok to admit it. I just don't care anymore. It's liberating.

His elbow only went up when Necas was already starting to get sideways.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
carolina was "better" in game 1 because they were down multiple goals for most of the game and had to push. a trailing team will almost always look "better" because they have nothing left to lose. despite that, they generated almost nothing until the very end of the game.

They only generated with any real consistent threat when we backed off and went into prevent mode aka the turtle.

I didn't want to say it out loud in the GDT, but trailing going into the 3rd was almost a good thing, because it meant that they had to go in and fight rather than turtle.

And even despite that, at one point in the 3rd period they were on pace for their lowest SOG total of the season.
Yeah it was like 19. They ended up with 24.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I'm not sure what people want Trouba to do there. Necas went down like he was trying to break up a double play and all his momentum was geared towards the hit.

On top of that, he knows if he stays on his feet he's going head over heals into the boards. Sure, he went full on homing missile into the boards, but if he doesn't, it ends a lot worse for Trouba.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Trouba's elbow coming out was reactionary. When the objective is to hit the guy, that's what the mind is set to even when Necas ducks. I don't think it was dirty. It's why we see hits from behind so often when the guy turns, especially towards the glass, at the last second. It's hard to pull back when the hitter is preset to hit mode.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Trouba is extremely dirty. It's ok to admit it. I just don't care anymore. It's liberating.

Liberating is the perfect word.

When some Devils fan is going nuclear about how Trouba is extremely dirty and you reply with, “yep” is a 10/10 feeling. Like whether I agree with you, argue a middle point or disagree with you is irrelevant. Nothing we say is going to change Trouba’s hits.

I don’t care.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Does Trouba make dirty plays, yes. Is his intent to injure ala Matt Cooke, no.

These days, Trouba is a dirty player. But I don't think he's someone who's like out to kill. When you toe the line, in the modern NHL (and with fans who are wildly sensitive), you're going to be considered dirty. It is what it is.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Trouba was definitely trying to hit Necas with his elbow. It was up before Necas ducked.

'Trouba train' hits were traditionally perfectly borderline, 'keep your head up' narrative hockey. However, as his foot speed has declined, he's making them later and later, where his compact arm explosion is happening later, and are skewing dirty (yes, that hit on Crosby in the playoffs was sketchy as hell, I'd be furious if done to the Rangers).

Trouba used to have the ability to teleport himself directly into the players chin, so invisible, he might as well of been dressed as Wennberg's stick. Now, Necas had the ability to see him and pull his ripcord and watch Trouba clean the glass with his own tears.

We are also ignoring the masterclass of Fox drawing penalties. That line to the puck to force Svechnikov to trip him...chefs kiss. That boop to Guentzel and taking a counterpunch and dropping like he was hit by Tyson, and his typical checking for blood motion (that I would be LIVID watching on the otherside), his Harvard major was drawing minors.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Liberating is the perfect word.

When some Devils fan is going nuclear about how Trouba is extremely dirty and you reply with, “yep” is a 10/10 feeling. Like whether I agree with you, argue a middle point or disagree with you is irrelevant. Nothing we say is going to change Trouba’s hits.

I don’t care.
The reality is, it's an ugly sport sometimes.

They would do the same to us and not a single Canes player or fan would lose sleep over it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
'Trouba train' hits were traditionally perfectly borderline, 'keep your head up' narrative hockey. However, as his foot speed has declined, he's making them later and later, where his compact arm explosion is happening later, and are skewing dirty (yes, that hit on Crosby in the playoffs was sketchy as hell, I'd be furious if done to the Rangers).

We are also ignoring the masterclass of Fox drawing penalties. That line to the puck to force Svechnikov to trip him...chefs kiss. That boop to Guentzel and taking a counterpunch and dropping like he was hit by Tyson, and his typical checking for blood motion (that I would be LIVID watching on the otherside), his Harvard major was drawing minors.
That was my favorite Adam Fox play and that covers some ground.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Game 1, I could see, if you want to look at it from an absolutist lens and ignore the respective PP time.

Game 2, at worst, was even. We went chance for chance with a chance-generating team, and outchanced them.
Only reasons Carolina had an edge was 6-on-5 in game 1. The rangers were the better team clearly, I don’t know what the f*** people were watching. Last night was a bit more in Carolina’s favor but the rangers had plenty of chances. And this is just what Carolina does, are people surprised they shoot the puck a lot? I’m not even sure it can be said they outplayed us.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Back in 7th grade, my gym class held a basketball tournament over the course of a few weeks.

Late in a tied semifinal, I dove out of bounds for a loose ball and slammed my knee on the wall. I did this completely on my own and nobody touched me.

The teacher comes running over and is like "did he foul you?!!" Hell f***ing yeah he fouled me. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

You can't drink champagne out of honor.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
The reality is, it's an ugly sport sometimes.

They would do the same to us and not a single Canes player or fan would lose sleep over it.

“But if someone did a Trouba like hit to a ranger you’d want them suspended”.

Yes. I would. I’m a rangers fan. I’m a partisan. I’m a hypocrite and I don’t care lol.

Anders Lee could say Trouba looks fat in his pants and I’d want him kicked out of the league.

Matt Rempe could jump into the Flyers bench with an unpinned hand grenade and I’d think giving him a roughing minor would be game management.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
“But if someone did a Trouba like hit to a ranger you’d want them suspended”.

Yes. I would. I’m a rangers fan. I’m a partisan. I’m a hypocrite and I don’t care lol.

Anders Lee could say Trouba looks fat in his pants and I’d want him kicked out of the league.

Matt Rempe could jump into the Flyers bench with an unpinned hand grenade and I’d think giving him a roughing minor would be game management.
LMAO Will Smith in I Am Legend

Reactions: Bob Richards

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Only reasons Carolina had an edge was 6-on-5 in game 1. The rangers were the better team clearly, I don’t know what the f*** people were watching. Last night was a bit more in Carolina’s favor but the rangers had plenty of chances. And this is just what Carolina does, are people surprised they shoot the puck a lot? I’m not even sure it can be said they outplayed us.

fully agree. also last night Carolina did their famous "empty the tank in the first half of the game" routine and only found themselves up by 1. they were completely out of gas for the entire OT. and they also had an entire forward line that they refused to put on the ice.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
One thing that hasn't been mentioned here yet though its obvious with the way the game went.

Panarin's line for the first time since G1 of the Caps series f***ing ripped.
They did, great performance by them. Panarin was really fighting for his ice last night, which was great. Laf made so many subtle plays to keep possession or help transition.

Reactions: skipmowerman

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think we might really have something here with the idea that this team just matches the opponent and conserves their energy.

1) The look very good against Carolina after being whatever against Washington

2) We had a LOT more energy as that game went on. Every time we touched the puck in overtime, we found open ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad