Post-Game Talk: Gluten-Free Ovechkin

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Listen, just as God made black and white, just as the days end in y, and my Latina wife keeps a switchblade in her nightstand, Devils and Islander fans will talk about the Rangers more than their own team.

Fact of life.
I think it’s cool Bukowski Junior is a big Rangers fan. Cheers!

• Haha
Reactions: TheDirtyH

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
IMG_20191127_225602.jpg

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Igor in the locker room

View attachment 866892
WU WU WU KENNY WU!!

fell asleep with the radio next to my head, woke up to the tying goal in the third, and was out cold for the rest of it. bummer. but this is getting real now, right? 6-0, hard battles. goalie doing work, whole line up (95%) playing really well. it feels like a dream that I never wanna wake up from.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Contributions from all over the line up. Check
PK being elite allowing the team to not play as cautious. Check
PP delivering. Check
Shesty being dialed in enough to steal games. Check

This team has a lot going for it. I thought the canes were more crisp last night.
Don’t get me wrong, there were blocks of time both teams carried the play for 10 minutes, but 2nd half of the 1st and 2nd half of the 3rd were the canes strongest pushes.
I’ve said it before the series, but the rangers frustrate svechnikov and for some reason he can always be counted on to do dumb things against us. For as much as the announcers/nhl ppl praise the canes discipline and structure, the canes sure took a lot of dumb penalties.

Each team is going to have pushes and breakdowns, weathering the storm is key and finding a Way to win when you aren’t always at you’re best is what good teams/winners do.
I’m really proud of our team as a unit. Tro/goodrow/trouba/zibby etc are really good vets/leaders.
Having shesty in between the pipes when things break down isn’t a luxury many teams have either.

These are the type of wins that take the heart/fight out of the opponent. Make no mistake, last night was hugggge.
If we can go 1-1 in Carolina, I’ll be a happy camper.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Just fantastic how our top guys are coming through. Zibad and Trocheck have points in all 6 playoff games. Kreids and Laffy in 5 of 6.

Troch has a 5 game goal scoring streak. Tying a Rangers record.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
As far as that call goes, the stripes weren’t calling anything either way unless the potential penalties were compounded with other penalties. Like “we let the first 2 go so now we gotta call this one”. That’s kind of the way I see it. There was a blatant trip shortly before that cross check call. Was probably more that than the one they called. Stupid but that’s what they do. Wish the Rangers would stop smiling after drawing calls though. Doesn’t help the dive narrative and the stripes cannot appreciate it much .

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
As far as that call goes, the stripes weren’t calling anything either way unless the potential penalties were compounded with other penalties. Like “we let the first 2 go so now we gotta call this one”. That’s kind of the way I see it. There was a blatant trip shortly before that cross check call. Was probably more that than the one they called. Stupid but that’s what they do. Wish the Rangers would stop smiling after drawing calls though. Doesn’t help the dive narrative and the stripes cannot appreciate it much .
I don’t think the Rangers are going down on plays they could stand up against, they are just adding a bit of flourish on their way down to ensure the call, if that makes sense? You can tell the team is frustrated how much obstruction the refs are letting the Canes get away with.

Reactions: Kords

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Great win last night. I feel we still have not played our best but Carolina has. Going to NC tomorrow, not really concerned. Just don’t sit back let’s make this series 3-0, and put Carolina against the wall.

Trocheck is becoming that factor id hope, it’s also fun when Panarin is producing in the playoffs. Laf has been great also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad