News Article: Globe Sunday Hockey Notes

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
Julien should be flipping.And bringing up Flyer game.Same play and Bruins challenged and call was against them and goal stood.NHL is bias vs Bruins.Last nite proves it.That was a good goal.No way them refs can say without a doubt skate was in air.Toronto neither..Bruins get hosed yet again.

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Interesting group of articles. Clearly Claude is beyond frustrated with the fact that horrible calls do not seem to be evening out for the Bs. I always used to tell my players that calls even out over the course of a season, and 99% of the time they really do roughly even out. Doesn't seem to be working out that way for the Bs. Replay on goalie interference and offside should not be rocket science. There should be a standard that all refs adhere to. If an offside call takes 3-10 minutes to overrule then by definition that is inconclusive. A conclusive call can be made with the aid of slow-mo replay relatively quickly. The call last night was absurd. The call during play was that it was onside. The replay did not show beyond a shadow of a doubt that Loui was offside. Loui said after the game he felt his skate was onside. The on-ice ref said he was onside. The replay damn well better show conclusively that it was offside before taking a goal away. That did not happen. The league needs to address this in the offseason. The lack of consistency on offside is bad enough, but the lack of consistency on goalie interference is even more problematic. Those kind of calls can determine games. If the refs are too incompetent to use replay properly and consistently then just get rid of the whole damn thing.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Thanks for the articles.

I am sick and tired of this coach challenge thing. I hope that they will scratch it altogether.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad