Recalled/Assigned: Glass and Kampfer recalled

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
We'd still have Dominic Moore here if it weren't for Glass. Moore got fed up with Glass undoing all his hard work in getting the puck and forechecking.

Don't forget, AV publicly threw Moore and Stalberg under the bus for why the 4th line wasn't producing. Where was the blame for Glass???

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
They should have made a play for Ott. A 6th wouldn't break the bank and he's good on draws at least. Back to no talent Glass. Poor Lindberg won't be scoring with him. This guys only job is to knock someone on there ass if people run Hank or someone and if he doesn't this move means nothing. This pretty much tells me Gorton should have went after Ott and blew it

Ott sucks at everything except faceoffs. Why should we have made a play for him?

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
I guess they realized they aren't near contenders and want to start the tank?

Toughness is such a lazy excuse for why this team struggles. They can't get the puck out of their own zone, or keep it in the offensive zone, Glass could be the worst forward in the league in both these aspects.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We'd still have Dominic Moore here if it weren't for Glass. Moore got fed up with Glass undoing all his hard work in getting the puck and forechecking.

We'd still have Moore? How do you know? He was fed up with Glass? How do you know that? Do you know Dominic Moore? IMO you and a few others just made this bs up that you posted above.

....and FWIW I had no problem letting Moore go--his game regressed last year and shouldn't have been re-signed. Lindberg's a younger guy and a better player than Moore at this point.

The Rangers have not defended themselves or each other or their goaltender very well this year. Anyone that doesn't know that hasn't been paying attention. IMO--they could have and should have made other moves to rectify this but they didn't and now we've got Glass back.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
jerry-done.gif

Pretty much Haha .... although if glass plays it's not funny

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
We need more tough, physical PLAY. Not goonage fight challenges.

This is stupid and ridiculous. Not going to help one bit.

I like that they at least recognize that we are atrociously unprepared for playoff hockey, but this is not going to help one iota.

Season written off.

I'll be selling my first round tix.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Ott sucks at everything except faceoffs. Why should we have made a play for him?

I mean, it isn't worth arguing. Some believe you need some grit guys to win a Cup, some believe you need all skill. Steve Ott would bring grit, a forecheck and can win draws. What is Brandon Pirri bringing them? The guy has been trash and is not suited for a fourth line role. He is incredibly soft on the puck, never wins a friggin 1 on 1.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Toughness is such a lazy excuse for why this team struggles. They can't get the puck out of their own zone, or keep it in the offensive zone, Glass could be the worst forward in the league in both these aspects.

That's what boggles my mind about this nonsense. Is Glass some sort of punishment? Because he's certainly not setting any examples any where else with his "effort" or his "toughness"? And if this is legitimately the reason he's up, there's good reason to believe Gorton is no better than Sather at this point. Because this late in the season, everyone reverts to their comfort zone. And in full playoff push mode, here we are, in this organization's comfort zone.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

They're not winning enough board battles. Other teams are forechecking the **** out of them and grinding them into dust.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
They're not winning enough board battles. Other teams are forechecking the **** out of them and grinding them into dust.

And what is Tanny gonna do about it? Throw an ill advised hit while the puck goes the other way?

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
Guys we missed out at the deadline to add someone tough.

Think about it for 1 second whom on this team pushes back not even fight back.

Klein he's out with an injury
Kreider will when he wants too
Zucc will always but we dont want him in the box or worst hurt

That's it-- watch after every get together nothing. Hank got ran into by Boston again nothing.

I hate Glass but he will be put on the ice for only 1 thing fight back--he knows this and will otherwise press box or minors again..He's the only choice at this time.

Maybe somewhere down the line someone goes on waivers whom we can get but right now Glass is it.

I for one can't stand this scared as team all the leagues I played in you don't always have to fight but please push back and show some balls. Like it or not at least Glass will.

stratguy13

Dec 23, 2016

You're kidding right? He'd take defensive zone draws. They lost another that led to a goal last night. Plus he's tough and finishes checks. I don't know where he sucks he's not playing to score 10 goals. He's a role player. Pirri was brought to score on the PP and he's awful

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Lol. Team can't possess the puck at all, can't get the puck out of zone, so they pick the one guy who is worse than everyone. Hoping for the best Tanner! Good luck.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Which is to say I thought we should have gone after Cramarossa when the Ducks waived him. Other teams ratcheted up their size and physical content at the deadline and we did nothing. We've gotten knocked around by the Blue Jackets, Caps and Montreal in 3 of the last 4 games--so this ain't a big surprise to me. Other teams know they can take liberties with the Rangers and we're getting banged up.

Bingo.

That's on AV. Puempel & Pirri aren't driving intensity in the locker room or ice.

Rangers need Nash, Hayes, Zibby, and Kreider to dominate physically. Not sure if that is going to happen.

Glen Healey was right about this. This is on AV.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
You're kidding right? He'd take defensive zone draws. They lost another that led to a goal last night. Plus he's tough and finishes checks. I don't know where he sucks he's not playing to score 10 goals. He's a role player. Pirri was brought to score on the PP and he's awful

Role player is such a cop out. it's a good way of saying yes he's awful at most things but these one or two things he's good at so it's okay. Ott can't PK (well), can't cycle a puck, his shot and passing are near replacement level, his defensive awareness and discipline in his own zone is horrible, he literally can't do ANYTHING except win faceoffs and be annoying, sometimes. But I suppose that's all fine because like Tanny he "fills a role".

The same criticism is applied in reverse. "Filling a role" reduces a player's contributions to one or two aspects of their game and it's gd ridiculous. Pirri hasn't played well but he is still, without a doubt, a better option than a waste of skates like Glass. There is never, EVER, a time where playing Glass over Pirri is excusable in a competitive hockey game. Does this mean I want to see Pirri every game? No, probably not. But when the alternative is Tanner, god damn right I want to see him every game. Ditto with Puempel. And he sucks.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
When you can call up guys who were playing on the 4th line and 3rd defensive pair on the worst team in the AHL yesterday, you have to do it.

Happy for Hrivik that he can leave as a Group 6 this summer, deserves a chance somewhere else.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Glass over Hrivik. This has to be frustrating for Marek.

Frustrating especially how every time you watch Hrivik he's the hardest working player on the ice. For such a "muh heart muh determination" player as Glass supposedly is, I've never seen him compete as hard as Hrivik. Ever.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
This is reminiscent of when we traded for Kyle Beach and there were some posters who seriously wanted him in the line-up because he was a psycho. As in, career AHL 4th liner Kyle Beach. Just like this loser.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
How in the world do so many people defend Tanner Glass? For all the talk about filling a role and providing toughness...he's not even Tough. It's like an offensive defenseman who people need to complain about so they say he sucks defensively cause there has to be something wrong with him. Except for Glass he's terrible at everything else so it's concluded he's a tough guy/agitator/strong on the boards when he is zero of the three.

Now I will say there is one potential benefit to Glass being in the lineup which is the "save the coach from himself" method which is if Glass the 4th line will suck probably play less minutes and then maybe he can coach like it's not a youth league team and actually give real ice time to his good players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad