Rumor: Girard available?

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
Troy Terry was pure crap - until this season. No one predicted him being anything special and guy is now on hot streak. Does it even last.

I don’t disagree that Terry is on a crazy hot streak right now, but you’re talking about him like he was some useless bottom line plug prior to this season. He outscored zadina last year

Last edited:

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
i dont want girard but ide like shipping some of our forwards to avs that could help their attack , zadina/suter/fabrri ,
with girard going to a 3rd team for a draft pick or center prospect . we could also take back cap to sweeten up the deal

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Troy Terry was pure crap - until this season. No one predicted him being anything special and guy is now on hot streak. Does it even last.

Troy Terry was a ppg player in the AHL while yo-yoing between leagues after a dominate college career while being arguably the key player on a USA WJC Gold Medal team. Crap until now, what the hell are you talking about?

He is a prospect that has had hype for a little bit of time now. I get if you don't get to watch a lot of west coast games with the time difference, but Troy Terry has filthy mitts and how he scores most of his points looks repeatable to his skill set. I think he will have a nice career, actually a pretty good playmaker to so he can be kind a duel threat guy. He kind of reminds me of Steve Sullivan.

This sort of reminds me when people bagged on Bertuzzi's numbers and Wings fans would have to explain them contextually. Again get it if you don't know it on Terry, but he is a player Anaheim people are high on for a reason, team USA is high on for a reason, he has a lot of talent.

Last edited:

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
I was very bothered when the Wings took G Smith as I wanted Girard, of course he went to the Avs with the next pick

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
If they trade him it will be for a top 6 forward based on the rumours, and we don't have what they would want. They were rumoured to be in on Eichel, so they want someone big and Larkin (no go) is the only name that fits anywhere near that bill.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't know much about him, so thanks for the info. Just went by the COL fans comments, probably recency bias from their early PO loss (again).
Avs have too many high end dmen and Byram has been so good that he made Girard expandable.

Kind of like when Nashville traded Jones for RyJo.

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011
Could move Vrana for him if they are looking for a top 6 forward. Similar cap hits and Girard is only 23 and signed until 2027.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Stevie won't do it because he has too many D prospects in the pipeline.... unless it's Girard for a D prospect (not named Edvinsson) or 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad