Proposal: Giordano to Avalanche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Avalanche look deadly along with Tampa and Vegas. They could bring in Giordano with Johnson on LTIR and really solidify there depth.
Calgary could bring in a younger D for there future.

avalanche receive: Giordano (50% retained)

Calgary recieves: Bowen Byram.
You had me intrigued until "Bowen Byram". Waaaay off there.

Maybe for Timmins though, if there's 50% retained.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
You had me intrigued until "Bowen Byram". Waaaay off there.

Maybe for Timmins though, if there's 50% retained.
The OP was worse, but this is bad too. He's worth a late 1st at 50%. He's can still anchor your 2nd pairing or play on the 1st pairing of a shallow blueline. At 3.2M he'd be a bargain for what he brings in terms of cap usage too.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
The OP was worse, but this is bad too. He's worth a late 1st at 50%. He's can still anchor your 2nd pairing or play on the 1st pairing of a shallow blueline. At 3.2M he'd be a bargain for what he brings in terms of cap usage too.
What makes you think Timmins isn't worth a late 1st, especially in a weak and unscouted draft like this year?

Timmins is a 22 year old expansion exempt RHD with top 4 ceiling. It's doubtful that Sakic would move him for a late 1st at this stage.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Avs44

May 16, 2011
What makes you think Timmins isn't worth a late 1st, especially in a weak and unscouted draft like this year?

Timmins is a 22 year old expansion exempt RHD with top 4 ceiling. It's doubtful that Sakic would move him for a late 1st at this stage.

I mean...I personally wouldn't trade a late 1st for Timmins. And I would definitely take the 1st if a club offered it.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I don't think he is a #1 for sure at this point. Somewhere between a #2 and #3. He could be the weaker partner on a top pairing or the key piece on your second pairing.

Ya, he's lost a step, definitely not a #1. I have my doubts that there'd be 60 players ahead of him this year though. Still great in both ends, just the transition game is catching up on him.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I would do Byram for Tkachuk if the Avs think help up front is more important than adding a stud like Byram to the back.

I’m a huge Byram fan. Him and Hanifin on the same blue line would be drool worthy.

Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad