Injury Report: Giordano out

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I hear Marancin is the next up on the depth chart ... they said this morning he will be out for "some" time.. what "some" time is , is anyone's guess.
May want to get that hearing checked, Marancin is no longer in the organization.

Lagesson, no?
Still puts one of Timmins, Benoit or Lagesson in the top 4 I think.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Non-existent d depth being put to the test. Not good.

Didn’t see what happened to Gio, only saw third and on. Anything obvious?

Try to hold on for a couple days until you find out if Klingy is out for the whole year or not I guess? Try Timmins top 4?

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Rielly - Brodie
McCabe - Lagesson
Benoit - Timmins

What a blueline!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Non-existent d depth being put to the test. Not good.

Didn’t see what happened to Gio, only saw third and on. Anything obvious?

Try to hold on for a couple days until you find out if Klingy is out for the whole year or not I guess? Try Timmins top 4?
Never go wrong with a Thorold boy but that's a bit of a scary proposition at the moment.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Having any of Timmins (still just back from injury), Lagesson or Benoit in the top four certainly doesn't seem ideal to me. Just haven't been able to get that blueline to a state of being fully healthy (or close enough to it).

Reactions: ACC1224

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Careful, legend has it that if we say his name three times he'll be back. That's two.
Who, Marancin?
You're missing the key component, it wasn't funny.
Actually, it kind of was.

Having any of Timmins (still just back from injury), Lagesson or Benoit in the top four certainly doesn't seem ideal to me. Just haven't been able to get that blueline to a state of being fully healthy (or close enough to it).
Our blueline isn't ideal, even if 100% healthy. I keep hearing that Dubas was ready to move a core piece, would be interesting to think of what our blue line would look like today had that happened. Now that Nylander is a rental and the rest of the big 4 have full NMC's, hard to see big improvements coming any time soon.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Throw Timmins into the deep end and see if he can swim for a few games... if he can't, move up Lagesson.

Benoit/Lagesson was really good though, so I'd start them together.

Rielly - Brodie
McCabe - Timmins
Benoit - Lagesson

Switch it if needed.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Who, Marancin?

Actually, it kind of was.

Our blueline isn't ideal, even if 100% healthy. I keep hearing that Dubas was ready to move a core piece, would be interesting to think of what our blue line would look like today had that happened. Now that Nylander is a rental and the rest of the big 4 have full NMC's, hard to see big improvements coming any time soon.
Still not ideal, no. Having Giordano and Liljegren (and even Klingberg) available would at least keep the depth chart serviceable until reinforcements could be acquired closer to the trade deadline.

It seems plausible that Dubas would have sought to acquire Karlsson for the Leafs. It's up for debate if that would have been possible or in the club's best interests.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Any starting 6 that doesn't have Klingberg's name in it is an improvement.

But maybe Gio being out & having a depleted blue line will force the forwards to help out more defensively? Sorry, I could barely write that without laughing.

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
Give Mikko Kokkonen a try he had a decent camp not sure of his play with the Marlies this season.

Reactions: crump

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Apparently he will miss some time, guessing we'll know more today.

Defense is getting pretty thin as it is.
Who's up next? Time for a trade?
You’d have to heat up the knife to spread the peanut butter as thin as the Leafs D……

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad