Gillies ahead of Esposito for #1 in '07!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Backlund is ranked No. 23

B Boarding said:
Where did they put Mikael Backlund? If they don't have him top 5 they haven't done a good job scouting him. He's playing really good in Sweden and the was the best player in the Mac's Midget tournament.

ISS has Mikael Backlund ranked No. 23 for 2007.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Scribe said:
ISS has Mikael Backlund ranked No. 23 for 2007.

That seems like waaay too late. In Sweden he's considered a better talent then Backstrom and the best talent since the Sedins or Zetterberg. That and the fact that he was MVP at the Mac's Midget tournament should put him higher IMO....

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
my top 5 for the draft would look like this:

1. Angelo Esposito
2. Ondrej Roman
3. Mikael Backlund
4. Tristan Llewallyen
5. Nick Petrecki

I think Llewallyen will plass Petrecki...I like how Tristan is super mean on the ice with super skills.

as for Hickey he is awsome I would rank the defense something like this:

Tristan Llewallyen
Nick Petrecki
Alex Grant
Mark Katic
Kevin Shattenkirk
Thomas Hickey
David Stich
Stephen Lund
Teddy Ruth
Eric Doyle
Kevin Marshall

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Big Daddy said:
Does iss have Jon Blum from the vancouver giants? his numbers are = or > than Hickey's.

i posted about blum about 2 weeks ago, but no one responded. his numbers are good, but i wanted to hear about his overall play. hes a little small, but he can get bigger in the next year and a half.

pat kane has got to be considered for a top 10 pick. if gagner is talked about as top 5, then kane should be. hes similar size to gagner, and puts up numbers everywhere.

anyone have a good/legitimate list of the top 10 americans available for this draft? i have some in mind but wanted to see how they checked out.

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
orangeandblack said:
anyone have a good/legitimate list of the top 10 americans available for this draft? i have some in mind but wanted to see how they checked out.
I dont have a legitimate top 10 of Americans but Drayson Bowman is looking like a late 1st to mid 2nd round pick on the ice here in Spokane.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
chiefmonarch said:
I dont have a legitimate top 10 of Americans but Drayson Bowman is looking like a late 1st to mid 2nd round pick on the ice here in Spokane.

this would be a list of 10 2007 eligible americans that would have a shot at the first round in no particular order. i was wondering if scouts had these players ranked similarly. am i forgetting anyone?
pat kane
jimmy o'brien
nick petrecki
tristin llewellyn
mike hoeffel
kevin shattenkirk
drayson bowman
aaron pulashaj
teddy ruth
james van reimsdyk

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
HabLover said:
Blum is being used at forward too. Not quite ready for full-time work on the blueline yet.
You are wrong, he is never used as forward. You may be thinking about Scharf as he is a natural forward who helps out on d when injuries occur. Blum rotates from 1st to 2nd as leading points scoring for 16 yr old d men in the W. Check the stats.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Big Daddy said:
You are wrong, he is never used as forward. You may be thinking about Scharf as he is a natural forward who helps out on d when injuries occur. Blum rotates from 1st to 2nd as leading points scoring for 16 yr old d men in the W. Check the stats.

Well, the game I watched the other night he was forechecking hard in the offensive zone! I don't know too many D-men who are told to do that every shift out? I know the difference between defence and forward and he was up front the other night! Thank you very much!

HabzManiac

Dec 11, 2002
HabsVille
Visit site
Angelo Esposito...

Angelo Esposito is in no way or form related to the legendary Esposito Brothers. I've read plenty of articles on Angelo already. He was born in Montreal and his family owns the grocery chain Esposito Supermarkets in Montreal.

DanKramerHabs

HFBoards Partner
HabzManiac said:
Angelo Esposito is in no way or form related to the legendary Esposito Brothers. I've read plenty of articles on Angelo already. He was born in Montreal and his family owns the grocery chain Esposito Supermarkets in Montreal.

Indeed. Angelo does have a cousin though, who I had a class with at school last semester. Seems like a good family. :dunno:

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
HabLover said:
Well, the game I watched the other night he was forechecking hard in the offensive zone! I don't know too many D-men who are told to do that every shift out? I know the difference between defence and forward and he was up front the other night! Thank you very much!
Your right about that play, I watched the game also, he got an assist on that play. But you are wrong about his position, he is a D man. If you watch the Giants much you know Don Hay has given his D men the ok to take it in since they are all very offensive minded. Even some quick checking on the Giants or WHL web site will tell you he is a D man. Watch some more games and you will see. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad