Recalled/Assigned: Gibson To BPT, Ho-Sang Recalled

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Best thing about him being up is he gets to be coached by Trotz. That’s really what I wanted. I wanted him going through Trotz practices and games.

Reactions: dano16

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I wouldn't be afraid of trying Ho Sang and Barzal together...good luck to defenses trying to keep up with those two. As I said above though, they need shoot or sit orders.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Jesus they are gonna do the same thing that they did to Dal Colle. I remember when PKCronin in particular argued with me that sitting MDC when he was up here would not mess with any hot streak and momentum he had been on in the AHL. Well check how he has done since being sent back down as compared to before the pointless call-up. Now they will probably sit Ho Sang and ruin the good feelings and confidence he has built up as well. Why? So Ross Johnston and Kuhnhackl and Clutterbuck can play?

Dal Colle got to play up with the Isles and if he can't take a week off from the AHL and then go back and dominate he isn't worth keeping around. Give me a break.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeapOnOver

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Jesus they are gonna do the same thing that they did to Dal Colle. I remember when PKCronin in particular argued with me that sitting MDC when he was up here would not mess with any hot streak and momentum he had been on in the AHL. Well check how he has done since being sent back down as compared to before the pointless call-up. Now they will probably sit Ho Sang and ruin the good feelings and confidence he has built up as well. Why? So Ross Johnston and Kuhnhackl and Clutterbuck can play?
In the 5 games before the callup, Dal Colle had 3g and 4pts. In the 5 games after the callup, he scored 2g and 4pts. Not seeing a huge difference there.

Reactions: dood and PK Cronin

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Who the **** is going to shoot the puck is what you should all be asking.

Love that Hosang got promoted on merit but not sure what exactly he's gonna help. One thing we are not missing is passers. I'd be more excited if a Bellows was brought up but I doubt he's ready.

Reactions: MattMartin

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Beau can’t get demoted he would have to go through waivers. He’s also been one of the best goal scorers the last couple of weeks so I doubt he’s scratched.

You are right. I just assumed 3rd yr of ELC.

I don’t think he’s scratched tomorrow either. What I said was if JHS produces I could see him being scratched or demoted (obv this won’t be the case re: waivers). He’s got 1 goals in 5 games; 3 in 10. Not exactly lighting up the NHL. I don’t think he is doing much. Weak on the boards. Not great in front of the net or down low. He doesn’t PK. Hasn’t done anything really with PP time. I just think we can replace his minutes and get a bit more out of the roster. Right now.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
So, who do you sit?

Unless there is an injury or trade, I don’t think you should sit anyone more than a game or so. Certainly the bottom six do not suit Ho Sang strengths and weaknesses. Not sure who you replace on the top six. there is a tough matchup coming up Monday vs the Pens.

Lou is protecting in case Kuhnhackl can’t go and gets Ho Sang a practice in case he is needed.

Unless there is an injury or trade I this is a quick stint.

Reactions: dood

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
So, who do you sit?

Unless there is an injury or trade, I don’t think you should sit anyone more than a game or so. Certainly the bottom six do not suit Ho Sang strengths and weaknesses. Not sure who you replace on the top six. there is a tough matchup coming up Monday vs the Pens.

Lou is protecting in case Kuhnhackl can’t go and gets Ho Sang a practice in case he is needed.

Unless there is an injury or trade I this is a quick stint.

I don’t think he gets much of a look either. I think Lou wants it that way. This is JHSs cookie for playing well in BPT. Even if Kuhn doesn’t play, they still might play Johnston. He’s been decent and they need an edge.

For sure JHS is a top 6 player. Wouldn’t play him in a bottom 6 role, unless his game has really progressed.

I’m not giving up on Beau. When he is buzzing he is great. He is an under rated goal scorer. He can really shoot. He’s shown signs of it this yr. A seat for a bit might not be a and thing. He has responded to it in the past.

he will probably score 5 tomorrow night now...

Reactions: dood

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
I don’t think he gets much of a look either. I think Lou wants it that way. This is JHSs cookie for playing well in BPT. Even if Kuhn doesn’t play, they still might play Johnston. He’s been decent and they need an edge.

For sure JHS is a top 6 player. Wouldn’t play him in a bottom 6 role, unless his game has really progressed.

I’m not giving up on Beau. When he is buzzing he is great. He is an under rated goal scorer. He can really shoot. He’s shown signs of it this yr. A seat for a bit might not be a and thing. He has responded to it in the past.

he will probably score 5 tomorrow night now...

Agree. If anything I would want Ho Sang with Beauvillier.
Just no room on the top 6 right now and why weaken the bottom 6 against the Pens. Will be interesting to see what happens.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I don't see any good reason not to give JHS bottom-6 minutes at even strength. Lines, particularly bottom-6 lines, don't have to be perfectly set. JHS should get sheltered minutes with offensive zone starts, should play more with a defecit, and less with a lead. But, honestly, there's no point playing him at all if he's not on the PP. NYI need to disrupt their patterns on the PP, and JHS does that.

JHS will get a real shot at playing time if he deserves one + Eberle is traded.

Last edited:
Reactions: seafoam

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Remember when Dal Colle's call up messed with his streak? :laugh::help::huh:

Ho-Sang just had a pretty good first game too.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Not to sound negative, but it was the first game he played that he didn't make a glaring mistake. Leo & Fil are perfect mentors for him.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad