Recalled/Assigned: Gibbons and Collins Recalled

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Sure let's take the youngest lineup and make it younger. Let's add more noobs. As if Dano and Wennberg aren't enough. We have people complaining about Wennberg and Rychel is even less ready. Anderson I could see, but I don't think he's an upgrade, at this point, to the guys we brought up. Love Anderson but he's a project.

I wasn't advocating those two - someone asked who else to call up and I threw out two names that maybe people would have preferred? I was merely speculating on that. There aren't many other options - Ryan Craig? D'Amigo has been utterly terrible through eight games or so. Who else would get called up?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If this were a WWII movie, Richards would be screaming into the backpack phone "MASSIVE CASUALTIES! I REPEAT, WE ARE COMBAT INEFFECTIVE!"

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Watched the Springfield game yesterday, the Gibbons call up was a no-brainer. He was all over the place and was creating most of the scoring chances.

1st pp unit was Collins-Gibbons-Craig, St-Denis/Tynan-Madaisky.

I'll take everyone's word for it that Collins has been Springfield's best player for most of the season. Last night I thought it was clearly Gibbons. Plus, I think the with the injuries, we have looked very slow. Gibbons helps with that.

Anderson and Rychel will be here soon enough, but for now, they'll get a chance on the first line down there.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I know the call ups are necessary, to me it really doesn't matter who they call up, to me none of them will make any significant impact. I've made it known I'm still on the trade/UFA bandwagon, I would rather have a bonafide NHLer not a tweener that can't stick for any length of time.

I'm not convinced this club is as deep as everyone seems to think they are. I'm not talking about an earth shattering, significant asset reducing trade. How about trading for a 3rd line NHLer that could admirably play up a line? I understand leverage before I get a patronizing lecture from someone. If a trade isn't available, then so be it, but I hope that this was seriously considered or is still being vetted before just relying on "organizational depth."

My fear is that the hole this club gets into before everyone is healthy will be too sizable to even consider getting in the playoffs and this club takes a step backward. Is that panicked? Probably, but that's how I see it.

I know they've been resilient but they've also never had to overcome injuries to so many key people. I really, sincerely do hope they prove me wrong, but I just don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about this. It's a long period of time to try to tread water with an expansion like roster.

I do believe there is a chance this season lies in the balance. I'm not convinced there is some magic trade that will resolve the situation without a large impact on the future. I'm also not convinced any potential trades can patch the hole made by 9 missing roster players.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The best choice, IMO. The best two guys down there. We need Collins because he's a big strong center, and it seems Gibbons is rounding back into form.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
I have high hopes for Gibbons, Collins on the other hand, I'd like to see more out of at the NHL level. I believe he's played around a dozen games ( too lazy to do my research ) for the Jackets the past two seasons, and has like one point. I believe he's capable of higher production.

I'm satisfied with the call-up of these two guys, overall. I'm not expecting them to light up the board, but I think they'll be good enough to at least keep us afloat until we get a few guys back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad