Movies: Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I saw this movie already, I think it was called, The Day after Tomorrow.

Kidding.

Never really got into Ghostbusters, but liked the trailer.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I wasn't a fan of the last one, which felt too much like a rip-off of Stranger Things to me. This looks more like a Ghostbusters movie, thanks to the NYC setting and Peter, Ray and Winston seemingly having greater roles than just cameos.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
As someone with an advanced degree in atmospheric science that movie makes me laugh so hard
Haha, I truthfully enjoyed it, it was definitely a shut your brain off type movie but I do like those type of movies, especially weather type movies.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
you are making shit up now, or is this just a flowery way of saying you have two weather apps on your Iphone?
I will have you know that I defended a M.S. many years ago, good sir.

I might post worse than, like, a 20-year old reddit troll but I have technically accomplished SOME things in my miserable excuse for a life.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I will have you know that I defended a M.S. many years ago, good sir.

I might post worse than, like, a 20-year old reddit troll but I have technically accomplished SOME things in my miserable excuse for a life.

you would think with all your schooling and book learnin about the weather you would have then been smart enough to avoid the shitstorm that is being a Bengals fan

And so as to not sidetrack the thread totally, my daughter thinks the trailer looks cool, so I'll be checking it out, haven't seen any of the GB films since GB 2 so I'll be going in mostly clean slate

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
you would think with all your schooling and book learnin about the weather you would have then been smart enough to avoid the shitstorm that is being a Bengals fan

And so as to not sidetrack the thread totally, my daughter thinks the trailer looks cool, so I'll be checking it out, haven't seen any of the GB films since GB 2 so I'll be going in mostly clean slate
This is an excellent point but you can blame child me for that. I've never even lived in Ohio and have no connection to the city at all. Not a Reds fan or anything, nothing like that. In fact, none of my favorite sports teams were ever the local team now that I think about it.

If I were smart, I would have became a Giants fan from the beginning like my grandfather and witnessed 4 Super Bowl victories during my lifetime.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Personally I never give movie reviews any thought. It's just the opinions of random people, some who definitely have biases.

(not saying this applies here but just a general thought)

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Personally I never give movie reviews any thought. It's just the opinions of random people, some who definitely have biases.

I think there are a lot of shitty movies that end up getting good reviews, but typically not the other way around

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

If their tastes and biases align with yours and you respect them, though, they're not really random people any more. If they tend to like what you like and hate what you hate, you may care to listen to what they have to say about a new movie.

Reactions: MMC

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I personally have stopped paying attention to critic reviews a long time ago. Will wait and see what the user reviews are.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I think there are a lot of shitty movies that end up getting good reviews, but typically not the other way around
A ton of cult classics originally got really bad reviews from critics. One of my favourite comedies (Dirty Work) has something like 10 percent on rotten tomatoes.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
A ton of cult classics originally got really bad reviews from critics. One of my favourite comedies (Dirty Work) has something like 10 percent on rotten tomatoes.
I mean a cult classic doesn’t equate to a well made movie. Plenty of craptastic movies are well liked

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad