Ghost of Tsushima

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It's a bit of a quiet time, with Nintendo totally dominating the JP market with their Switch releases at the moment. Stores like Yodobashi do promote the game moderately, but otherwise there's much lower visibility than for example RDR II received.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
You're gonna love it. It's worth the $$$.
I ended up buying it... Absolutely money well-spent. I'm still rather early on in the game, but I'm loving it so far. I love how there is SO many ways to add your technique points, really makes you put some thought into what direction you want to go with Jin's development. I'm finding the combat challenging and engaging (Playing on Hard, and it really is pretty hard at times). I'm very happy with every aspect of it so far and it only appears that it's going to get better as I develop my skills and get more gear.

The Photo mode is amazing too, soooo much editing ability within there to make the perfect scene.

Just wish I got the physical copy, but I was tipsy when I decided to drop the hammer on it so I guess I'll have to live with digital lol.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
The more I play this game the more I enjoy it. I'm at the beginning of Act 2, but went back to the Act 1 section just to visit/uncover the entire section of the map. Not every side mission I've come across has been worthwhile, but the majority have. Hopefully it keeps it up through the rest of the game.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Played about 6 hours today. The game is good but not great. Probably like an 8/10.

I feel like it’s gonna get stale soon if it hasn’t already.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Apparently a patch came out yesterday with a new Hard mode, a casual fighting mode and bigger text on subtitles (something I need in all games lol)
I was very happy to see the bigger subtitles, I've been using Japanese dialogue with English subtitles and the subtitles were annoying.

I'm playing on Hard mode right now and look forward to switching to Lethal once I get better at combat and get a few more skills.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The camera is really annoying in this game. At times, Im trying to fight, but get blinded by trees in my view. I also wish I could zoom out. Pretty fun so far tho.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Just beat the
Tengu Demon to get the longbow
last night. The setting for that fight is incredible.

This is the most beautiful console game I think I've ever played. The art design and the graphical fidelity are both very impressive. I think I prefer Wind Waker overall, but that's a much easier world to render due to its minimalist design. If the framerate wasn't so disappointing I think this would be the most immersive video game world ever created up to this point in time.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Fighting in this game really is awesome. I can't wait to unlock more abilities. Awesome game so far even if the camera can be annoying at times. Is that something they can fix in an update? Or are we stuck with it?

PepperKeenan

Sep 22, 2012
Sweden
Got the platinum yesterday, never achieved that before tbh.

Very satisfied with the game. I've been waiting for it since E3 in 2018. Now it finally got released in the middle of my 4 week vacation, lucky me, it's been raining and cloudy for the last couple of weeks so it was the perfect time just to soak the game in. The days before the game came out I watched a couple of Kurosawa's movies. Might need to check out some more now that I'm done.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I think I just need to focus on the main story and maybe the side tales at this point. I'm into Act 2 but haven't played in a few days, I was going around exploring everything and it got pretty stale.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
the game looks nice from all the trailers and gameplay on youtube but i pass on this one. the reason being that i grown tired of open world games. knowing myself... the exploring and sword fighting routine would grind me out after a few hours. if it comes out on pc and modders pick it up i think about it again.

i wish games like this would come out with a level design like we saw in last of us... short action packed missions with nice cut scenes in between.

Reactions: KapG

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Having finished it; the game suffers a lot from open world syndrome deeper in to it. All sidequests boil down to; kill this guy just like the main missions do. Lots of the open world activities are largely worthless after a point. Haikus give you cosmetics, Inari shrines are good at first since they give you the ability to equip more charms but ultimately become pointless. Shrines are alright but that's about it.

That being said, the setting and story helps with those shortcomings a great deal. I was not expecting the ending to be so sad, especially after the story kinda lost me with what initially seemed like a dumb turn at the end of act 2. But with the closure of the ending, it actually makes sense.

At first i was like "well that's stupid" given how easily Shimura discards Jin after seeing him fight dishonorably but with the ending, it kinda makes it clear that yeah, Jin is at fault too. Initially, Shimura seems like he's alright with Jin fighting dirty to bust him out of captivity. Jin is correct in pointing out the Samurai are blinded by their code and that the shogun is more enraged about the Ghost becoming a new symbol for people to look up to rather than the samurai. At the same time, Shimura is also right. Jin also becomes too invested in his new identity. Like was it really needed to get that poison? You had no problem slaughtering the shit out of the mongols without it but now all the sudden it's the key? All it does plot wise is give them a small victory and give the mongols an even more powerful weapon to use. Shimura basically walks in on Jin backstabbing and then beheading a mongol. Why? You know damn well your uncle is backing you up in this fight and you're also an incredibly skilled warrior. You don't need to resort to that when there's no benefit whether that's "all the mongols understand" or not. Jin is pretty much exactly what he said he was; consumed by his new path and is also blind to his beliefs given he becomes increasingly dark as the game carries in. TL;DR - they're both idiots. Makes sense too given your crew of people are also all essentially screwups. Ishikawa driving Tomoe off, Masako being so blinded to tradition she sent her sister to live with a dickhead leading to her entire family getting slaughtered, Norio disgracing himself by brutally murdering the mongols out of revenge. Yuna is like the only one who knows what she is.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I'm about two hours in and really liking it. I did some sidequests and finished the arrow Sensei guy's stuff up to the point of getting the fire arrows. Do you guys think I should focus more on the main story quests or keep running around doing sidequests?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad