Value of: Getzlaf to Habs

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Doubt he would waive due to his wife wanting to be in socal. Also trading him would signal a full rebuild which we can't do while Perry and Kesler still have so much term left.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Doubt he would waive due to his wife wanting to be in socal. Also trading him would signal a full rebuild which we can't do while Perry and Kesler still have so much term left.

Yeah, i was surfing the wave of recent sweep against SJ. But i heard somewhere Getzlaf would not be against finishing his career in canada.

Also, i would agree a rebuild would probably start with trading Perry and Kesler before Getzlaf but off the 3, i would say Getzlaf is the piece that brings alot more for a rebuild.

Has a Duck's fan, what do you think will happen this summer?? Changes off management crew?? Rebuild?? retool??

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Getzlaf is probably the last one of three that we would trade and might be hardest to get to waive nmc since his wife is from southern cal. He took less than perry for a reason.

Perry he may not be willing to waive but he might believe he needs a change of scenery the most.

Our expected return for perry will be low, probability biggest issue would be term of contracts you send back.

Reactions: Benstheman

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

While I agree with others that Getzlaf would be the last to be traded, I'm curious what you think the Habs could offer that would make it worth it for Anaheim. (Keeping in mind we have less than zero interest in Price, Weber or Shaw)

Oct 18, 2011
I would want Drouin, the habs pick and something else at least.

Now you see why we'rebad trade partners?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Habs don't have the assets to get a top ten centre like Getzlaf. And the Ducks don't have a Centre after Getzlaf who can play
#1 minutes. Trading Getzlaf makes zero sense for the Ducks.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I would want Drouin, the habs pick and something else at least.

Now you see why we'rebad trade partners?

I was about to say Galchenyuk, 2018 1st pick and Juulsen. I would say it is not far off.

edit : as for the bad trade partners thing, i wouldn't know about that since we still don't what path both clubs are going to take. I for one think the Habs should definately rebuild but i am really aware management might not think this way.

Last edited:

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Habs don't have the assets to get a top ten centre like Getzlaf. And the Ducks don't have a Centre after Getzlaf who can play
#1 minutes. Trading Getzlaf makes zero sense for the Ducks.

Trading Getzlaf only makes sense if Ducks go full rebuild.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
While I agree with others that Getzlaf would be the last to be traded, I'm curious what you think the Habs could offer that would make it worth it for Anaheim. (Keeping in mind we have less than zero interest in Price, Weber or Shaw)

See my post above. Habs is not a team that needs to include salary in a deal for Getzlaf and wouldn't make sense trading Weber or Price if we want to acquire a center like Getzlaf. Shaw i don't even talk about as i think his career is about to ends.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I was about to say Galchenyuk, 2018 1st pick and Juulsen. I would say it is not far off.
So Montreal is giving up three much needed of their few top assets for a center about to turn 33 who by himself likely makes Montreal a playoff bubble team at best.

Is Montreal trying to extend the window to be bad for as long as possible?

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
So Montreal is giving up three much needed of their few top assets for a center about to turn 33 who by himself likely makes Montreal a playoff bubble team at best.

Is Montreal trying to extend the window to be bad for as long as possible?

I edited the post you were responding to. I said i'm all for a Habs rebuild but aware that management doesn't necessarely thinks like me.

As for the package, it's my viewing of a fair deal for Getzlaf would be.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Makes zero sense unless we replace him with Tavares or something. Without Getzlaf this team is in serious trouble.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I doubt Getzlaf gets traded, I highly doubt he'd waive to go to Montreal and I really don't think the Habs have the pieces to beat out other teams who would be interested.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

edit : as for the bad trade partners thing, i wouldn't know about that since we still don't what path both clubs are going to take. I for one think the Habs should definately rebuild but i am really aware management might not think this way.

Holy crap that would be bad for the Habs.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I always like when people come posting that player won't be traded on a ''value of'' thread. I don't want to know if he will be traded because nobody knows. I want to know, if he would be traded, what would it cost to acquire him ''hypothetically''.

We are at 20 posts and only one poster dared to talk some names.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad