Value of: Getzlaf,Manson,Deslauriers to Colorado

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Well, Des has been healthy scratched more lately, so he may be available.

He’s on contract next season at $1 mil cap.

Hakanpaa would be a much easier trade to make than Manson since Hakanpaa is a $750k rental.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The Avs need to focus on playing their own game and not trying to "matchup" to specific clubs. A team like Vegas is always going to out-muscle the Avs...getting the Avs to be bogged down into a slugfest while throwing slower, physical players out there is exactly what they want to do. When the Avs focus on doing what they do well, teams like Vegas cannot keep up.

A third-line center with some toughness would be a good add but the Avs do not need to suddenly load their roster up with heavy hitters at the sacrifice of the possession and shot-generating (and suppressing) game they have mastered so well the last month or two.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Colorado is built around speed, puck posession, two way ability and skill.

I don't see the point downgrading the team strenghts to get tougher. The Avs would have advanced to the conference finals last season with a weaker team had they been semi healthy.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Compher+Beaucage+2021 first+2022 third for Manson(50%)+Deslauries+2021 second+Stolarz

Stolarz can't be moved because he's needed to expose in the expansion draft. He also could very easily be the Ducks backup next year.

Deslauriers could be had for a 5th/6th

Compher doesn't really do anything for Anaheim. Basically a cap dump.

So essentially Manson for Beaucage and the chance to move up 6 or so slots in the draft. Not nearly enticing enough for me and I doubt Murray would have interest in that.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
Stolarz can't be moved because he's needed to expose in the expansion draft. He also could very easily be the Ducks backup next year.

So essentially Manson for Beaucage and the chance to move up 6 or so slots in the draft. Not nearly enticing enough for me and I doubt Murray would have interest in that.

We could add Timmins

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

Colorado could send a goalie back to mitigate that someone like Miska.

I guess the chance varies quite a bit, could be moving up anywhere from 12 to 2 spots, but point taken on the draft pick.

The value would be moving up (value about a second or third), Beaucage and a third for Manson.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

I guess the chance varies quite a bit, could be moving up anywhere from 12 to 2 spots, but point taken on the draft pick.

The value would be moving up (value about a second or third), Beaucage and a third for Manson.
Miska is a great TANKing goalie if the Ducks are trying to finish last in 2022 for a lottery dice roll at Shane Wright or Brad Lambert.
I wouldn't mind having Miska if it improves the Ducks chances at getting a top 2 pick in 2022.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Miska is a great TANKing goalie if the Ducks are trying to finish last in 2022 for a lottery dice roll at Shane Wright or Brad Lambert.
I wouldn't mind having Miska if it improves the Ducks chances at getting a top 2 pick in 2022.

I know you’re saying this in jest, but I only suggested Miska as a way to get around the Stolarz portion of my proposal.

Reactions: Getz2noone

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Getzlaf is retiring a Duck. Guy's already got his Cup, team Captain and iirc the last of the Mighty Ducks to still suit up for Anaheim. A living legend in Anaheim, there's nothing you can offer him that he ain't already got.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County

Manson @ 50% should be worth your 1st and Beaucage, alone. Ducks shouldn't be adding a 2nd to that.

Compher should include something attached to him since he's a cap dump. Ducks wouldn't likely have any interest in his contract for another 2 years at what he makes.

Not that they have much value, but on top of the above, the Ducks are also throwing in a couple additional players?

Seems bad for Anaheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad