Get Draisaitl and McDavid some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Outside of McDavid, Draisaitl and Hyman they don’t have another top 6 player. That’s just…. Wooof

Reactions: Skate2Stick

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
The problem is, the Oilers are full of passengers. If players aren’t on McDavids line, they are completely useless. They’re essentially minions who just eat up ice time to give McDavid and Draisaitl rest.
They got old man Perry who is slow as molasses and that cancer, Kane. Talk about genius management. They picked up washed up players. Now Canucks management is legit, picking up Zadorov, Soucy, Lindholm, Joshua, Blueger, Suter, Hronek, Cole etc. In a span of 1 year. Holland got who? Carrier? Stecher?

Outside of McDavid, Draisaitl and Hyman they don’t have another top 6 player. That’s just…. Wooof
And those players play on one line. So a one line team, easy to beat that. Canucks have Lindholm on 3rd line with Joshua and Garland. Imagine if Petersson was playing too.

We’re going to agree to disagree here, which I’m totally fine with.

Sounds like you want a guy to pass to McDrai. Hughes would be a weapon on the Oilers.

I get it, neither are defensive defensemen, but Quinn’s creativity would beat out the “Bouch Bomb”.
The Bush bum only knows how to shoot from the blueline.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
You gotta watch him more then. Barrie as an Oiler was complementary. Bouch is much better and makes McDrai better as well. Elite vision, elite ability to dance defenders, elite shot, elite passing. Lots of McDrais apples this year is loading up the Bouch bomb. Something Hughes doesn’t have.

Hughes drives play with the puck on his stick. And it looks dynamic. But Bouch can be just as effective doing much less, his skill is more subtle. He doesn’t need to make 5 circles in the o zone to find a pass. He only needs his vision and a slight fake and juke of a defender to find that same pass.

I would much rather Bouch over Hughes on the Oilers as a stylistic fit too. McD and Drai don’t need nor want a puck carrying defender. They’d rather have the puck on their stick, and with the puck on their stick I’d much rather they be loading up Bouch bombs than Hughes wristers.
The fact that you pick the bush bum over Hughes, the Norris nominee just shows how much hockey knowledge you lack.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The fact that you pick the bush bum over Hughes, the Norris nominee just shows how much hockey knowledge you lack.
If you think all Bouch is just a shot. You don’t know hockey or the player. Hughes and Bouchard are both offensive D-man. Last I checked Bouchard still out producing Hughes these playoffs. Watch the games and he’s making better plays more often too and it’s not just his shooting.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Oilers fans are right, they should extend Bouchard to a $14m x 8 contract cause he's atleast 150% the player Nurse is.

Reactions: Hank Plank

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
If you think all Bouch is just a shot. You don’t know hockey or the player. Hughes and Bouchard are both offensive D-man. Last I checked Bouchard still out producing Hughes these playoffs. Watch the games and he’s making better plays more often too and it’s not just his shooting.
Last i checked, Ekholm was still baby sitting bush bomb while Hughes needs to drag Hronek who is a defensive liability

Oilers fans are right, they should extend Bouchard to a $14m x 8 contract cause he's atleast 150% the player Nurse is.
I hope Holland is thinking same thing. Give bush bomb $15 mil and Hyman 10 mil.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
McDavid played over 13 mins in the 3rd. Draisaitl played over 12 mins.

They'd each played 8 mins in both the 1st & 2nd periods prior.

Its crazy how much they are the Oilers whole team right now.
Should change their name to Edmonton McDavids. Without McDavid, Oilers would never even be mentioned on TSN

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Last i checked, Ekholm was still baby sitting bush bomb while Hughes needs to drag Hronek who is a defensive liability
As all good pairings go, yes defenceman can get helped by their partners. Just like Hughes game took an uptick on a revamped D core and with a better more suitable partner. Ekholm no doubt is a benefit to Bouchard, and Bouchard is a benefit to him as well. Or did you think Ekholms numbers are just him finding a new offensive gear at 33 years old? Jeez I thought you knew how this hockey thing worked.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Who could have possibly predicted that Skinner, Pickard and Campbell wouldn’t take the team to the promised land along with Ceci and Nurse on the second pairing.
I predicted that beforr the preseason and Canucks beating them 8-1 in the 1st game of regular season confirmed my point. The fact is that Oilers are simply flawed. They arent a complete team.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
All I know is Oilers fans were already celebrating the cup before the series began.

And now they don't have any depth or goaltending. Lol.

Reactions: Bgav

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
As all good pairings go, yes defenceman can get helped by their partners. Just like Hughes game took an uptick on a revamped D core and with a better more suitable partner. Ekholm no doubt is a benefit to Bouchard, and Bouchard is a benefit to him as well. Or did you think Ekholms numbers are just him finding a new offensive gear at 33 years old? Jeez I thought you knew how this hockey thing worked.
Put Ekholm with Hughes and both defensove and offense number of Hughes will significantly improve. Hronek cant hold the puck on the blue line, rarely shoots and sucks defensively. Put Hronek with Bouchard and watch his defensive metrics decline dramatically. Hronek is below average defensively compared to Ekholm and his offense isnt that great.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Ridiculous. I'm supposed to believe Kane and RNH aren't top 6 guys? Mcdavid and Draisaitl have enough support. They played half the f***ing game and didn't score 5v5
Yes, because they are the problem. They demand to play together and lots of minutes. 30 this game.

Meanwhile, the more minutes you play, the less defense you play. McDavid was solely responsible for one of the goals against. It is all about stats to these guys, and not winning. Otherwise the big 3 would be broken up.

• Wow
Reactions: sanscosm

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Crazy how long management has had to build a team around McDavid and they still have a mediocre top 6 with a poor bottom 6
When you put all your best forwards on one line, and give them every offensive opportunity like a quick chance when the opposition is tired, your other lines aren't going to be able to contribute a whole lot.

Reactions: sanscosm

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Yes, because they are the problem. They demand to play together and lots of minutes. 30 this game.

Meanwhile, the more minutes you play, the less defense you play. McDavid was solely responsible for one of the goals against. It is all about stats to these guys, and not winning. Otherwise the big 3 would be broken up.
I'm just not sure what to believe, Oilers fans told me he's good at defense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad