GDT: Germany vs Sweden @ 7pm PT/ 10pm ET/ 4am Tuesday CEST

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah Quapp really did Germany no favors this period. Then again, shots are 12-5 so he could have been the only person holding them in it.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

NitroF

Feb 6, 2006
If Emil Andre has been Sweden's best player in this WJC they are in big trouble.
You probably mean that their best players must be the best players for this team to stand a chance later in the tournament, but he really stands out so far though.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Don't quite get the goalie swap...Lunemann i suppose will be in the mix with Wolf to start in December. I'm wrong . He's an 02 as well.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Much like in the previous games, Germany looks coherent enough as a team but the offense remains pretty anemic. Hard to see them scoring more than 2 on Finns.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Had the game on in the background, not much for Germany to win in this one, though. We've come a long way, it's an improvement to hang with Sweden for parts of the game. Tiny steps..

Poda

Jul 31, 2020
Had the game on in the background, not much for Germany to win in this one, though. We've come a long way, it's an improvement to hang with Sweden for parts of the game. Tiny steps..
Maybe not so tiny, relative to several years ago. This is considered to be at best an average German junior crop so I feel quite positive they could stand their ground although they had no real business in actually winning this game. But they hung in there with the big boys and in the end it was the two pp goals that were the difference.

In my perception, that is quite the accomplishment tbh. Also, last December we had beaten the Czech before the tournament being cancelled. All things considered you dont have to look too hard for positive signs although there are no highflyers in the pipeline atm.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Maybe not so tiny, relative to several years ago. This is considered to be at best an average German junior crop so I feel quite positive they could stand their ground although they had no real business in actually winning this game. But they hung in there with the big boys and in the end it was the two pp goals that were the difference.

In my perception, that is quite the accomplishment tbh. Also, last December we had beaten the Czech before the tournament being cancelled. All things considered you dont have to look too hard for positive signs although there are no highflyers in the pipeline atm.
Yeah Germany is finally looking like a mainstay in this tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad