GDT: Germany VS Norway

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I find a positive for this game being pretty much over though: from the Latvian perspective, it's good that Germany wins its games cleanly. Last thing the need is some kind of tiebreaker scenario.

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
Lol please tell me they're back to streaming games on youtube with amateur commentators that barely speak English like they used to ~10 years ago. That shit was hilarious.

Loved the IIHF coverage of the olympics. Germany scores an insane through the legs goal and the commentary would be enough to put you to sleep or make you think you’re watching golf.

Reactions: Edenjung

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Lol please tell me they're back to streaming games on youtube with amateur commentators that barely speak English like they used to ~10 years ago. That shit was hilarious.
I think it's the second or third time in a row they use TSN commentators/feeds. It's actually really well doen.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I think it's the second or third time in a row they use TSN commentators/feeds. It's actually really well doen.
Ah thats why they sound familiar.

I watch the NHL games that are watchable for europeans (based on time) so thats why i recognized them.

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Reichel showing his talent with that assist for Pföderl and the goal, nice

Thanks for the replies. Obv its good that the IIHF takes their streaming seriously now but those random people they used to have in the booth were so damn funny.

Guess I'll need a VPN for some games this tournament since there's no games on DAZN this year and I'm not gonna pony up for Sport1+

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Berliner line doing wonders, both on the ice for Germany and for my fantasy team :popcorn:

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany

Thanks for the replies. Obv its good that the IIHF takes their streaming seriously now but those random people they used to have in the booth were so damn funny.

Guess I'll need a VPN for some games this tournament since there's no games on DAZN this year and I'm not gonna pony up for Sport1+

Watching the Sport1 free stream and it’s pretty decent actually.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Sport1 shows the game for free on both television and they're streaming it.

Zamboni Parade

Mar 12, 2014
Germany
I just tried with the Opera browser and its free VPN function. Youtube thought I was from the Netherlands and let me watch the live stream. Might be another idea.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I just tried with the Opera browser and its free VPN function. Youtube thought I was from the Netherlands and let me watch the live stream. Might be another idea.
Yeah it works from the netherlands perfectly fine.

But not the other way around.
I am using a VPN to watch Sportschau Bundesliga. :laugh:

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
I was thinking there's bound to be some games not on the free Sport1 channel but on Sport1+ since at some point some Bayern player will break a toe nail and sport1 is gonna have wall to wall live coverage from the Säbener

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Idk the world championships is one of the few non-football things Sport1 has been showing consistently for free for decades now even when it was still DSF .

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Idk the world championships is one of the few non-football things Sport1 has been showing consistently for free for decades now even when it was still DSF .

That is true, and one thing I remember from my youth on DSF was "Overtime" magazine on Sunday evenings where they showed extended highlights of one DEL game. :)

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I had an intersting email conversation with ZDF and ARD in 2018.
I asked them why they don't show more Icehockey now that they lost the Cl and in general.

My arguments were that its much cheaper and that this way they can improve viewership and the sport in general in germany.
Same goes for other sports except football.

They told me that there is no interest and that the viewership numbers are to small (based on Sport1 viewership for the final the year before).

to me thats not an argument. It's the job of the Ör to promote sports that are not that popular or are not that much watched.
And also the DEL and IIHF rights are dirt cheap. They could even get an NHL game once a week (saturdays would be nice).

But it was nice of them to answer very fast. it took them about 45 min.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYRFANMANI

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
Didn’t they actually plan to increase their coverage quite recently? I thought I read something about that a few months ago

edit: the DEL should actually accept some smaller money to make the games available for a broader audience. Being a gate-driven league they should use broadcasting more as a marketing tool than a source of income. Telekom is not exactly paying much anyway.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I had an intersting email conversation with ZDF and ARD in 2019.

Didn't ZDF show national team games (both Olympics and WC) few years back ? I remember they even had Alois Scholder in studio as guest anaylst...

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
@pukovnik Yep they showed the 2018 Olympia games.
Thats how i came to be a hockey fan ^^

@GermanNuck

We both know that you get the most coverage if you are represented by the Ör.

Also you are damn right with how cheap the rights. are some time back i read somewhere that the Telekom only pays like 1 million bucks or so to the teams.
But i am not so sure about that.

Update: i found out that from 2019 onwards the Ör reported on the friday and playoff games of the Del in the aktuelle Sportstudio.. Not much but something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad