Lineup last game:

E2FdBfnVEAgJ4Mn.jpg

Stats Canada:

Canada.PNG

Last edited:

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
My brain doesn't know what to make of this game. On the one hand Canada has demonstratively been shit in their first two games, which would make Germany the favorites. On the other hand, it is Canada and most of their guys are actual NHL guys.

It's going to be interesting to see whether Canada has improved in any way, I'm not particularly hopeful they have.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Oddmakers have no idea what to do here. Canada won’t go down 0-3 in the tournament though, they need to win a game so they don’t killed in the news.

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
My bookie is paying 4.95 on Germany. I think that's a good bet, supported by recent history but not so much by history of the tournament. I fear Canadians will come pretty hard out of the gate tonight, but I like the German team. If not the most flambouyant team, nice chemistry, great goalie if they run with Niederberger.

LKI

May 15, 2016
Jūrmala
Supposedly, 2 more Canadian players have arrived in Riga to strengthen their team, both are currently they are in isolation.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I think the Canadians will be angry, and thats not good.
I have hoped for the game yesterday to go to overtime, so that Canada would be tired.
But now they will have anger in their bellies and this will make it hard.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
No idea either what happens here. Someone wins after OT/SO is the safest guess.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Not too often Germany goes in as the favourite against Canada but they do today. HC didn't put much effort in putting that team together, some run of the mill NHL guys that are mostly muckers and grinders mixed with odds and ends in other leagues along with a draft eligible kid and a good but not great junior player to round things out and to top it off couldn't even see it as necessary to play a game before the tournament started.

They will be in tough, I hope they come in pissed off and make a game of it, they should be.

Mainiac

May 15, 2021
So I see the IIHF guys have Canada dead last in the power rankings. That's a first and not too far off the mark.

3 more new records so far, first ever loss to Latvia, worse ever defeat to the US and first ever 0-2 start. Hopefully no more records today. Gets worrisome when the only positive news is we actually scored "a" goal. Hoping for better goaltending today and maybe better everywhere. I thought this guy Danforth might help since he's a big ice player but he's looked as lost as everybody else.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
If my memory serves me well last time Germany beat Canada at WC was back in 1996. in Wien, 5:1. Hecht scored two goals I think.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
which canadian player didn't suck as much as the rest of the team in past two games? any positives?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad