F - Tino Boos
F - Andreas Morczinietz
F - Stephan Retzer
F - Jan Benda

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
Rob Leask

is this the same Rob Leask that played for the dukes of hamilton back in the early 90's? He went off after Junior, and I guess became a German citizen.

Congrats

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
dwaynester said:
is this the same Rob Leask that played for the dukes of hamilton back in the early 90's? He went off after Junior, and I guess became a German citizen.

Congrats
Yes... :)

Read more about Robert Leask and the german team here.

Funny that he played 53 games for Team Canada 1995/96, I bet he didn´t think he would play at the World Cup one day.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Kolzig is a german citizen? He was born in South Africa, grew up in Canada, and plays in the NHL now, when did he have time to get a german citizenship, or are his parents born there?

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
CrAzY_NiNe said:
Kolzig is a german citizen? He was born in South Africa, grew up in Canada, and plays in the NHL now, when did he have time to get a german citizenship, or are his parents born there?
I'm Pretty sure his parents were born there.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Not many surprises but i am quite pleased that Kunce and Molling are not here. Benda will play on defence will he not? If he does i like their top 6. Who is going to coach it?

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
I'd rather have Benda up front. The "new" defense is good enough without him, while the offense wasn't exactly dangerous in the WC.

The favorites for the head coach job are Greg Poss, Uwe Krupp and Ernst Höfner, but it could be someone entirely different.

Tronador

Nov 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
Good to hear, that Kunce and Molling won`t play for Germany during the WC.....but what about Kathan and Renz????If I could nominate the roster, i would consider players like Ullmann,Alexander Barta,Michael Hackert(Frankfurt),Björn Bombis(Hannover),Martin Walter(Hamburg),Alexander Sulzer(Düsseldorf) or Fical(Nürnberg).

Greetings from Berlin :banana:

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Sanderson said:
I'd rather have Benda up front. The "new" defense is good enough without him, while the offense wasn't exactly dangerous in the WC.

The favorites for the head coach job are Greg Poss, Uwe Krupp and Ernst Höfner, but it could be someone entirely different.
I remember watching the last World Cup and Benda was a young power forward then and had a nice tourney, scoring a big goal against the Czech Republic. He went to camp with Washington and cracked the team but never got much of a shot. When i next saw him it was on defense and i liked what i saw. If he gets prominent ice time he will probably be valuable but i like the many minutes he can log on defense. I will defer to you German's though that get to see him and the other players more often. I like this team better than the last and they should be able to hang in there depending on the coaching.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Tronador said:
Good to hear, that Kunce and Molling won`t play for Germany during the WC.....but what about Kathan and Renz????If I could nominate the roster, i would consider players like Ullmann,Alexander Barta,Michael Hackert(Frankfurt),Björn Bombis(Hannover),Martin Walter(Hamburg),Alexander Sulzer(Düsseldorf) or Fical(Nürnberg).

Greetings from Berlin :banana:
I would hope that these two will be on the taxi squad and not being counted on for much. Having said that i don't know if Walter or Sulzer would be ready yet. I really like Ullman , not so high on Barta, and know nothing about Bombis, Hackert, Fical. Can you share some info?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Sanderson said:

Is Poss American? I thought I saw his name as an assistant on the U.S. World Championships and Duestchland Cup teams. As a matter-of-fact, I think he was the one who whispered Andy Roach's name in Peter Laviolette's ear when it came to participating in the shootouts.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Actually I don't see Benda that often, because he plays in Russia ;)

Renz is the only d-men I don't want to see in the lineup. The other seven are way better, although maybe a bit too offensive-minded.

Yes, Poss is American. He is a head coach in the DEL and is known for playing a more offensive system (than Zach).

Tronador

Nov 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
I would hope that these two will be on the taxi squad and not being counted on for much. Having said that i don't know if Walter or Sulzer would be ready yet. I really like Ullman , not so high on Barta, and know nothing about Bombis, Hackert, Fical. Can you share some info?

Björn Bombis(born in 1982), a forward, played one year at HC Karlovy Vary and was one of the best juniors.But he was ever a German citizen.
Last season he made 15 points in 55 games.
Michael Hackert(1981) made 26 points in also 55 games and in comparison to Klaus Kathan,who scored only 1 goal this season, i think those players should have a chance in the national team.

n00dles

Dec 13, 2003
Germany
Visit site
good squad we got here :yo:

and zach will make them fight for each inch of ice again.
if they play their usual team-oriented game germany might sneak under the radar and pull an upset *hopefully*

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
n00dles said:
good squad we got here :yo:

and zach will make them fight for each inch of ice again.
if they play their usual team-oriented game germany might sneak under the radar and pull an upset *hopefully*

You're absolutely right, thats a damn fine roster. I could see them pulling off a couple upsets, especially with Kolzig in nets. The guy is a magician.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad