George Sørensen

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Do you believe that yourself? The guy is 1,72 meters high/low.

I think it's unlikely but not unthinkable...We can hope can't we? but a Europe is probably better for him anyway..What do you thi k will happen with him?

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I think it's unlikely but not unthinkable...We can hope can't we? but a Europe is probably better for him anyway..What do you thi k will happen with him?

I think he will end up becoming a backup anywhere (probably Allsvenskan) he plays or retire at a young age to pursue a civilian career. If the NHL scouts believed that the size wasnt going to be an issue, they would have him higher than 10th. There are plenty of goalies to go around and someone will always have the advantage of 4 inches in height.

Listen, I like the guy just as much as the rest of you, but I cant see him going anywhere. Next year it is Thomas Lillies turn at the spot and maybe he even have some SHL experience at the same time next year, while Sørensen still might be stuck behind Pisar in Blue Foxes.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I think he will end up becoming a backup anywhere (probably Allsvenskan) he plays or retire at a young age to pursue a civilian career. If the NHL scouts believed that the size wasnt going to be an issue, they would have him higher than 10th. There are plenty of goalies to go around and someone will always have the advantage of 4 inches in height.

Listen, I like the guy just as much as the rest of you, but I cant see him going anywhere. Next year it is Thomas Lillies turn at the spot and maybe he even have some SHL experience at the same time next year, while Sørensen still might be stuck behind Pisar in Blue Foxes.

You are completely right, which is why I am fishing for some positive solution because I know how much his size will be a problem for him. Just a 2 inches taller and we would be having a different conversation but thats how it is.

Lillie would have been just as good as Sørensen at the WJC..He looked pretty damned good at the junior challenge. I know this is the Sørensen thread, but how do you view Lillie's chances?

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
You are completely right, which is why I am fishing for some positive solution because I know how much his size will be a problem for him. Just a 2 inches taller and we would be having a different conversation but thats how it is.

Lillie would have been just as good as Sørensen at the WJC..He looked pretty damned good at the junior challenge. I know this is the Sørensen thread, but how do you view Lillie's chances?

His chances to get drafted? I have hopes for him, but as with Sørensen he is not the biggest man on the planet. Hopefully he can grow another inch or two. As far as I understand it, he has been called up a couple of times for the seniors in Växjö in SHL, but have yet to get his debut. It is said that it will happen this season or the next, so things are looking good for him imo. A debut in SHL would definately help him getting more notice across the pond and I cant help but think what it could have done for him to get a game or two in WJC this year. On the other hand it is hard to argue when we stayed up.

Is this his draftyear or is it next year?

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
His chances to get drafted? I have hopes for him, but as with Sørensen he is not the biggest man on the planet. Hopefully he can grow another inch or two. As far as I understand it, he has been called up a couple of times for the seniors in Växjö in SHL, but have yet to get his debut. It is said that it will happen this season or the next, so things are looking good for him imo. A debut in SHL would definately help him getting more notice across the pond and I cant help but think what it could have done for him to get a game or two in WJC this year. On the other hand it is hard to argue when we stayed up.

Good post. To me Thomas Lillie has been even more noticeable in Danish junior hockey than George Sørensen, specially at some Danish Championships he has been outstanding (he was elected best Goalie at the 2011 U15, and 2012 U17 Championships).
Lillie is born March 1996 and was first time NHL eligible last year (2014).

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark

I could not find his draft year but saw him play at the world junior challenge and he was very good. But I think it was hard not going with George when he played so well. hoped lillie was next year because he won't get drafted this year.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
George Sørensen probably made a good choice escaping the backup position behind Pisar in Herning and has joined Frederikshavn.
As Sebastian Dahm very likely will be leaving Rødovre after this WC performance, then it's up to George Sørensen to be the prominent Danish goalie in Metal ligaen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad