George Parros: Vegas will be 'great hockey market'

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
George Parros may be retired from the NHL, but that didn't diminish his excitement that his state of residence will have a franchise in the League beginning next season.

The forward, who played nine seasons with the Los Angeles Kings, Colorado Avalanche, Anaheim Ducks, Florida Panthers and Montreal Canadiens currently lives in Las Vegas.

"This is a great sports town," Parros said at a charity event in Las Vegas on Saturday. "This is going to be a great hockey market."

https://www.nhl.com/news/jason-zuck...charity-hockey-game/c-281378328?tid=277350296

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If I was given the power to decide I'd give Parros the color commentary job for this team if he wants it.

He's smart, well spoken, charismatic, and has a good sense of humor.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
parros is all class

would be cool to see him get involved with the vegas franchise

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I like him as a person.

I dislike that this is still a story. Vegas being a good hockey town shouldn't be a headline anymore. The NHL took a long time making the decision, Foley put a $500,000,000 plus investment in it being a hockey town, the people put 50% more season ticket deposits down than would have been considered a "great success" by most people's accounts when the drive started.

We're beyond this kind of story.

Winnipeg Dave

Aug 21, 2016
Not only did we see huge season ticket interest but it is quite likely that the team will capture some portion of the 40.0 million annual Las Vegas visitors as additional audience. For the local market this team is long overdue....for the expanded market factoring in the visiting Rangers fans or Oilers fans or Leafs fans...well T-Mobile has the potential to be the place to catch a hockey game. Atmosphere is an unknown at this point. Hopefully the locals will dominate and be rowdy.

Esteban Tornado

Mar 28, 2014
Las Vegas
I have been out many times on the Strip and when I see somebody sporting NHL gear and have a chance to start up a conversation, everyone of them said they will definitely plan vegas trips around when their team will be playing in Vegas. I think hockey will thrive here.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not only did we see huge season ticket interest but it is quite likely that the team will capture some portion of the 40.0 million annual Las Vegas visitors as additional audience. For the local market this team is long overdue....for the expanded market factoring in the visiting Rangers fans or Oilers fans or Leafs fans...well T-Mobile has the potential to be the place to catch a hockey game. Atmosphere is an unknown at this point. Hopefully the locals will dominate and be rowdy.

If we get em drunk enough :laugh:

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I like him as a person.

I dislike that this is still a story. Vegas being a good hockey town shouldn't be a headline anymore. The NHL took a long time making the decision, Foley put a $500,000,000 plus investment in it being a hockey town, the people put 50% more season ticket deposits down than would have been considered a "great success" by most people's accounts when the drive started.

We're beyond this kind of story.

Hear, hear mate - I love your outlook and attitude, sir. :yo:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Can you really say, so much for coming to Vegas because he's at that job... It's like saying So much for Brendan Shanahan becoming a front office head though he joined that ship after a few years as the player safety face.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Well an appointment to the TV crew would presumably have to occur within the coming season...at most through the next offseason. I can't see him abandoning the gig after just one year.

Though color commentator would probably carry more job security.

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
Hey vegas folks, hockey fan from the 'mecca' dropping by.

Not going to lie, there's a lot of people very skeptical about putting another team in the desert but I for one am pretty psyched for it.

I think your team will instantly hop over teams like Arizona and Carolina in terms of popularity.

Myself and a group of friends are already planning a vegas trip to watch the leafs beat up on the new kids :sarcasm:

Hope it all works out. Name should be the vipers tho imo. Alliteration, and a feared animal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad