Generic, All Encompassing, General Purpose, 2022 SC Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
So funny how the SC panel were all of the impression that LA didn't stand a chance against EDM. They're up 2 as of now.

Nobody ever knows anything about how series unfold and it's ridiculous that anyone treats this extremely random sport as an exact science after seeing shit like Tampa vs Columbus in 2019.

Nashville could beat Colorado in 5 and I wouldn't be remotely surprised.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
This constant betting stuff is nauseating. It’s a plague on sports in the UK and in Australia/NZ and it’s a shame it’s migrated here.
Cannot agree more and I like sports betting quite a bit, made a good bit extra money off it but its gotten to be nauseating the frequency its advertised.
Mid game ads, non stop commercials. Updated live odds, sportsceneter segments, mike Johnson and cabbie and others all with betting features seemingly everyday.
Going to cost alot of people alot of money if not more, slippery slope for a large percentage of people.

And we dont even have DFS yet..

Reactions: tradervik and MS

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I don't have a lot of strong feelings about the Oilers to be honest but the goalie fan in me is thrilled every time Smith lets in a bad goal. Like, he and Koskinen are some of the dumbest goalie signings ever.
Mike Smith is an upright goalie that tends to play deep in the net. Teams are either picking corners off one timers or aiming low.

Koskinen sucks.

Reactions: mossey3535

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Nobody ever knows anything about how series unfold and it's ridiculous that anyone treats this extremely random sport as an exact science after seeing shit like Tampa vs Columbus in 2019.

Nashville could beat Colorado in 5 and I wouldn't be remotely surprised.

Barring a minor miracle, LA should have far superior goaltending. Goaltending can easily win you an entire NHL playoff series, sometimes multiple series.
Post automatically merged:

Mike Smith is an upright goalie that tends to play deep in the net. Teams are either picking corners off one timers or aiming low.

Koskinen sucks.
These guys pretend to be building a Stanley Cup championship team and their answer in goal is Smith and Koskinen. They deserve to lose.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Cannot agree more and I like sports betting quite a bit, made a good bit extra money off it but its gotten to be nauseating the frequency its advertised.
Mid game ads, non stop commercials. Updated live odds, sportsceneter segments, mike Johnson and cabbie and others all with betting features seemingly everyday.
Going to cost alot of people alot of money if not more, slippery slope for a large percentage of people.

And we dont even have DFS yet..

First and foremost it’s annoying.

But yeah. I lived in NZ for a few years and sports gambling is endemic there and built into basically every sports broadcast and societal problems from gambling addictions are a huge problem. I’m not ‘anti-gambling’ per se but it makes me … a bit uncomfortable. It’s not a good cultural shift to blow it up this much.

Reactions: Vector

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
LOL another PP gift with Drai holding Byfield's stick, I believe the NHL usually lets scrubs do too much to contain stars but you can't let it to get to NBA levels of softness.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
I absolutely love Playoff Hockey, it would be exciting af to see Pettersson, Miller, Podz, Hughes, and Demko playing when the intensity is turned up to max.

Reactions: mossey3535

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Draisaitl got hacked on the hands and yelled out like he got shot in the chest. Starting to lose a little bit of respect for him.

Reactions: mathonwy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad