OT: General Video Game Discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
November 9th-November 15th Target is doing a buy two get one free on all video games.

Games coming out that week include Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Assassins Creed: Unity, Assassin's Creed: Rogue, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and Lego Batman 3. Also other big choices: Sunset Overdrive, Shadow of Mordor, Alien: Isolation, Super Smash Bros 3DS, Infamous: Second Son, and many, many others.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
BOGO on ALL video video games? Wow, thanks for the heads up.

I don't know of there's two games I really want right now. I wonder if you would be able to return one of the games for a refund a week or two after that deal ends, Target would essentially just be buying you a game, haha.

I wish they sold Football Manager in stores, I would be all over it then.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
BOGO on ALL video video games? Wow, thanks for the heads up.

I don't know of there's two games I really want right now. I wonder if you would be able to return one of the games for a refund a week or two after that deal ends, Target would essentially just be buying you a game, haha.

I wish they sold Football Manager in stores, I would be all over it then.

I think this is how it works, but you can return it, but it becomes the average of the prices. So for the buy two get one free, you spend $120 for three games. So if you take one back, you get $40 back.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I think this is how it works, but you can return it, but it becomes the average of the prices. So for the buy two get one free, you spend $120 for three games. So if you take one back, you get $40 back.

Oohh, it's buy TWO get one free. I misread your post.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
SnoopyHotFrigatebird.gif

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Anyone have any opinion on PS4 v Xbone? I've been leaning towards the PS4 based on hardware but that Halo Masterchief trailer just came out and my god do I want that.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
IMO the hardware on the two is comparable, in large part because 90% of games come out on both and are built to run on whichever is weaker anyway.

I really like my XB1 and I'm glad I canceled my PS4 order to get one. Nothing unique to PS4 has really looked that appealing yet. Uncharted will be of course be great when it hits, but that's the first exclusive that's looked all that special to me. Meanwhile, the XB1 has better media apps (which these days it feels like I'm using more than the games sometimes) and Master Chief Collection is the kind of multiplayer game I'll be playing for the next like five years.

And speaking of multiplayer games I'll be playing for the next five years...fifteen days till Smash!!! All aboard the hype train, choo choo mother****ers!

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Anyone have any opinion on PS4 v Xbone? I've been leaning towards the PS4 based on hardware but that Halo Masterchief trailer just came out and my god do I want that.

A) Which console has more exclusive games that you want to play?
B) What do your friends have?

I think those are the two biggest things to think about.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I don't like AW. The maps are boring. With the Exo Suit the game just feels to chaotic.

Nothing will ever live up to Black Ops 2. :(

Really hoping the new Halo turns out okay.

Laredo

Feb 26, 2013
Minneapolis, MN

Yeah, I read online elsewhere that you can exchange a game and Target will usually honor it.

I'm gonna be exchanging something for GTA V the following week.

edit: get a gift reciept, most people do that because I don't think it shows prices so target might not know... but if they see something cost $40 they might not do a normal exchange.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I don't like AW. The maps are boring. With the Exo Suit the game just feels to chaotic.

Nothing will ever live up to Black Ops 2. :(

Really hoping the new Halo turns out okay.

For me, nothing will ever live up to Modern Warfare 2.

It came out my freshman year of college.

We played it for DAYS. Like, we had DAYS of play time on our accounts. Our dorm room was the CoD room. It was constantly being played.

It was actually kind of a good thing, because we played on a rotation, so you would have like a 30-40 minute break in between turns. So you could do homework for that time, and then take a 10 minute CoD break :laugh:

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
That's actually why I'm so pumped for MCC. Senior year in the dorm, our common room set up had two TVs, two Xboxes, and two copies of Halo Reach & 4. 8 players locally vs 8 online strangers in Big Team. Glorious.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Well, my team failed to make it to Masters of Endurance round 1. 88 teams showed up for the qualifying, we were 70th and top 60 gets through to race, which takes place on Saturday, 12.00 UTC. Oh well, it was a really tight and a damn good field, and our hotlap ace only managed to log in a couple of laps due to equipment issues.

As bad as that might sound, the difference between P10 and P70 (us) was 1.2 seconds. That's on Road America, laptimes being 2.04.0 and 2.05.2, respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad