General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
Left hook on the button does the trick. As a fellow southpaw I approve :thumbu: . The rust was just too much for Machida.

I wonder if we'll be saying the same about GSP? It's a tough sport and little slippage can prove fatal. Hope he knows what he's doing. Well, ha-ha, it will be a nice payday anyways.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I wonder if we'll be saying the same about GSP? It's a tough sport and little slippage can prove fatal. Hope he knows what he's doing. Well, ha-ha, it will be a nice payday anyways.

Old age + Ring Rust is never a good combination. And GSP's game is all about timing and explosive double leg takedowns. Explosiveness is one of those things that goes away athletically with age and ring rust will screw the timing.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It sure is possible. I'm on record on this thread saying Bisping will win the fight , even though it pains me to say so . It may very well turn out similar to Maia/Machida tonight, with GSP just not having the speed to do his thing anymore.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Have you guys felt any buzz for Saturday's card ? Cause on my end it's been eerily quiet, most people don't even seem to know it's coming up in just 3 days . It's weird to me, I expected the casual interest to be pretty high . I'm starting to wonder if the ppv numbers won't be a huge disappointment for the UFC.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Have you guys felt any buzz for Saturday's card ? Cause on my end it's been eerily quiet, most people don't even seem to know it's coming up in just 3 days . It's weird to me, I expected the casual interest to be pretty high . I'm starting to wonder if the ppv numbers won't be a huge disappointment for the UFC.

I’m here in NYC live. I’ll let you know what the buzz is like. I’d bet if GSP wins his second fight will have more hype.

Reactions: TRG

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
It sure is possible. I'm on record on this thread saying Bisping will win the fight , even though it pains me to say so . It may very well turn out similar to Maia/Machida tonight, with GSP just not having the speed to do his thing anymore.
Then again he is fighting a guy who used to fight two weight classes above him. He's not the underdog for no reason.

He could very well lose this one and go back to dominating his own class for the next 2-3 years.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Then again he is fighting a guy who used to fight two weight classes above him. He's not the underdog for no reason.

He could very well lose this one and go back to dominating his own class for the next 2-3 years.

I honestly hope GSP doesn't ever fight Wonderboy or (especially) Woodley if GSP decides to keep fighting after. I think prime-GSP would struggle against either of them and old-man GSP would likely going to get KTFO

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

I'm surprised they are fighting in the same category. I don't know much about mma but on the pictures Bisping looks bigger than GSP.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm surprised they are fighting in the same category. I don't know much about mma but on the pictures Bisping looks bigger than GSP.
By the time they step into the octagon tomorrow,Bisping will have up to 15-20 pounds on GSP. Going from welterweight to middleweight is a big step, arguably the biggest between divisions.
I honestly hope GSP doesn't ever fight Wonderboy or (especially) Woodley if GSP decides to keep fighting after. I think prime-GSP would struggle against either of them and old-man GSP would likely going to get KTFO
Woodley is essentially GSP version 2.0, with added muscles and a right hand. I don't like that matchup all that much either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad