Providence Bruins General Discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
They don't sound far off the decisions that Butch makes in Boston!

I don't think it's the same. Leach has a pretty stacked team. His line combinations are just odd. Cassidy goes with what he has which is a collection of bottom 6 plugs. Leach is a lot more frustrating.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Positives:

Trent Frederic:
Impressive game from him, considering how bad the team looked on a whole. He continued to bring physicality/attitude while showing some good skills and his hard quick shot that was nice to see him get off, even if he didn't score. He made a nice play in the first where he powered his way through the middle, somewhat split the "D" and got a good shot off. I believe he rang the post on this one. He rang it twice. He was good on the PP and the cycle game and should have had an assist on a beautiful 2-on-1 cross feed to Steen, who couldn't elevate the shot enough. He easily could have had 3 points tonight (2G/1A).

Jeremy Lauzon: He is one mean SOB. He makes you work down in the corners and is relentless on you. He should be in Boston on their 3rd pairing. I don't doubt it at all. I hope they can find a way to get him up. He has a lot of McQuaid/Miller in his game. I think he handles the puck better than both but brings a good kind of nasty.

Negatives:

Powerplay:
Woof. It's an honest question at this point but do they practice it? From the zone entries, setting it up, to selection... it's abysmal. PP personnel is horrendous as well. Petrovic? Fitzgerald? Steen? These guys don't belong on the PP. Some are on the first unit. It's tragic. PBruins have enough talent to not be this bad on the man advantage. The only unit that was good last night was the Frederic/Shen/Vaakanainen/Senyshyn/Studnicka. They started the 5v4 major. The second unit came on and was a trainwreck and it consisted of Petrovic/Fitzgerald/Carey/Zboril/Steen. Put Carey in Shen's spot on that prior unit and give them a long look. I see them start with Petrovic too much. This guy is garbage with the puck.

Defensive transition: Petrovic and Didier are terrible with the puck and it hurts the backend when breaking out. More than a few times last night, they just struggled getting the puck out. As a whole, the defense wasn't great, but you really notice these two. The puck is a grenade. They are 2/4 of their Top 4. It's maddening.

Peter Cehlarik: Must have caught the Stone Hands Flu because that's exactly what this guy had last night. He was atrocious on the first PP attempt. Three times made awful plays that resulted in clear outs. Slow and played with little pace. I didn't care for his game at all, and here he is up in the lineup.

Ryan Fitzgerald: Another AHL veteran who seems to just be going through the motions and is held to no consequences. Doesn't bring it enough and gets prime time out there. Frustrating because he seemed to be a very good AHLer but I don't see it right now. He shouldn't be up in the lineup but he is.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Not buying Leach as the scapegoat. Senyshyn's play there was a joke. Soft, lazy and lead directly to a goal. Zach "on pace for 9 goals" Senyshyn is clamored for by Bruins fans and I just can't see why. Providence has a lot of good AHL players. I don't see much NHL impact potential, especially for this year, with this group outside of maybe 1-2 people.

Hate to say it but unfortunately this might be what's truly going on.

Grrr 2015 draft!!!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Positives:

Trent Frederic:
Impressive game from him, considering how bad the team looked on a whole. He continued to bring physicality/attitude while showing some good skills and his hard quick shot that was nice to see him get off, even if he didn't score. He made a nice play in the first where he powered his way through the middle, somewhat split the "D" and got a good shot off. I believe he rang the post on this one. He rang it twice. He was good on the PP and the cycle game and should have had an assist on a beautiful 2-on-1 cross feed to Steen, who couldn't elevate the shot enough. He easily could have had 3 points tonight (2G/1A).

Jeremy Lauzon: He is one mean SOB. He makes you work down in the corners and is relentless on you. He should be in Boston on their 3rd pairing. I don't doubt it at all. I hope they can find a way to get him up. He has a lot of McQuaid/Miller in his game. I think he handles the puck better than both but brings a good kind of nasty.

Negatives:

Powerplay:
Woof. It's an honest question at this point but do they practice it? From the zone entries, setting it up, to selection... it's abysmal. PP personnel is horrendous as well. Petrovic? Fitzgerald? Steen? These guys don't belong on the PP. Some are on the first unit. It's tragic. PBruins have enough talent to not be this bad on the man advantage. The only unit that was good last night was the Frederic/Shen/Vaakanainen/Senyshyn/Studnicka. They started the 5v4 major. The second unit came on and was a trainwreck and it consisted of Petrovic/Fitzgerald/Carey/Zboril/Steen. Put Carey in Shen's spot on that prior unit and give them a long look. I see them start with Petrovic too much. This guy is garbage with the puck.

Defensive transition: Petrovic and Didier are terrible with the puck and it hurts the backend when breaking out. More than a few times last night, they just struggled getting the puck out. As a whole, the defense wasn't great, but you really notice these two. The puck is a grenade. They are 2/4 of their Top 4. It's maddening.

Peter Cehlarik: Must have caught the Stone Hands Flu because that's exactly what this guy had last night. He was atrocious on the first PP attempt. Three times made awful plays that resulted in clear outs. Slow and played with little pace. I didn't care for his game at all, and here he is up in the lineup.

Ryan Fitzgerald: Another AHL veteran who seems to just be going through the motions and is held to no consequences. Doesn't bring it enough and gets prime time out there. Frustrating because he seemed to be a very good AHLer but I don't see it right now. He shouldn't be up in the lineup but he is.
I sat in 109 a few rows up at the blueline and this is really f***ing good analogy- all of it bang on Frederic

sometimes I read things compare it to what I see and others I’m with and wonder what game we watched

LAUZON

he told Judd Syrott he was drafted at 6’1” he’s now 6’3”

he’s competitive and tough and should be a regular rotation first pair PK in Boston within 2 years

however

expansion could change this

Lauzon-Carlo PK will be very formidable

Reactions: Trizz617

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Did Leach actually move Senyshyn up? He was out there with Carey and Studnicka?!

Of course Senyshyn flies the zone perfectly and Carey throws him a pass 5 feet in the air.

Edit. Nope. Back with Woods and Shen. Hahahahahahahaha
Yah he gets that pass he’s gone no one is catching him but they couldn’t get him puck

infront of us and Senyshyn read perfect and once his teammate got puck he took off and they muffed it

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yah he gets that pass he’s gone no one is catching him but they couldn’t get him puck

infront of us and Senyshyn read perfect and once his teammate got puck he took off and they muffed it

I was shocked it was Carey who botched the pass. He's usually got some skills down here. I was pissed at that play. Senyshyn did everything right. Flew the zone perfectly. An NHLer nails him with that pass. He would have been gone and no one was catching him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was shocked it was Carey who botched the pass. He's usually got some skills down here. I was pissed at that play. Senyshyn did everything right. Flew the zone perfectly. An NHLer nails him with that pass. He would have been gone and no one was catching him.
They got stomped but they have close to a handful of guys who will play in NHL regularly

Studnicka
Frederic
Lauzon
Vaakanainen
Senyshyn
Lauko

Maybe Zboril wouldn’t surprise me at all

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsNetwork

I’m not even sure it was botched, to be honest. Looked like he just turned and fired it towards the opposite wing hoping for the best. Carey has the points this year, partly because he’s a veteran AHL’er who gets the opportunities and TOI, but he’s been frustrating. Nothing like the dominant and explosive player we saw last year.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Grzelcyk is out, Moore hasn’t looked great and the team needs a much needed shot in the arm. Do they call up Jakub Zboril, Jeremy Lauzon or even Urho Vaakanainen? No, they call up Steven Kampfer.

When did this team get so safe?
Claude Julien is secretly running things behind the scenes.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hate to say it but unfortunately this might be what's truly going on.

Grrr 2015 draft!!!
That second round has the potential to be a big hit

Carlo is a very good player getting better and Lauzon should be a top 6 as soon as Chara goes providing size toughness very good D and first PK ability with Carlo

he’s impressed me every time I see him

Carlo 6’5” RHD
Lauzon 6’3” LHD

Reactions: Blowfish

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
The problem with this is there are few Dmen in Boston that would hit him with a pass also!
Most passes by B's D other than Krug and Grizz are waist high bullets. Too bad they can't clear the D zone with the same torque they put on passes!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The problem with this is there are few Dmen in Boston that would hit him with a pass also!
Most passes by B's D other than Krug and Grizz are waist high bullets. Too bad they can't clear the D zone with the same torque they put on passes!

Really? McAvoy is exceptional on the transition. I also don't think Moore and Clifton are bad at the transition game. It's really Chara who struggles.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I sat in 109 a few rows up at the blueline and this is really ****ing good analogy- all of it bang on Frederic

sometimes I read things compare it to what I see and others I’m with and wonder what game we watched

LAUZON

he told Judd Syrott he was drafted at 6’1” he’s now 6’3”

he’s competitive and tough and should be a regular rotation first pair PK in Boston within 2 years

however

expansion could change this

Lauzon-Carlo PK will be very formidable

I thought he looked bigger in his callup.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
That second round has the potential to be a big hit

Carlo is a very good player getting better and Lauzon should be a top 6 as soon as Chara goes providing size toughness very good D and first PK ability with Carlo

he’s impressed me every time I see him

Carlo 6’5” RHD
Lauzon 6’3” LHD

which players are on your "ok to trade list" down in providence? i think zboril would be
the first guy i would move that has some value (cehlarik, fitzgerald, etc have minimal
to no value). lauzon i'd love to replace moore after this year - doesn't skate as well but
brings a lot of other things to the table. vaakanainen i would trade if bruins are getting
a legit RW option for the next several years.

Reactions: DKH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad