Arrested: General arrest thread Part II (Reuben Foster arrested, cut by 49ers 11/25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

I'm sure Bennett would appreciate that supposedly name clearing video his sister has any time now...

I also didn't realize they waited so long to bring this case forward. Bennett is still an ass (much like his brother) but i feel like i jumped to a conclusion too quick here.

Reactions: Voight

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I'm sure Bennett would appreciate that supposedly name clearing video his sister has any time now...

I also didn't realize they waited so long to bring this case forward. Bennett is still an ass (much like his brother) but i feel like i jumped to a conclusion too quick here.

Most of what's in the Deadspin article isn't being reported elsewhere, so that's understandable. The CNN article, for example, says the incident occurred in Feb 2017 but doesn't mention that they didn't even start "investigating" until September and says nothing about Acevedo's "morally corrupt" comments, which sure seem to give away the fact that he was looking to make Bennett a target because of his criticism of police officers. Both of these facts seem rather pertinent. Whether you like the guy or not, it's pretty f***ed up if it looks like what's happening here is actually happening.

Short cut for future grey area stories, though -- it's okay to reserve judgment until the full story comes out, or to change your opinion based on new evidence. And cheat mode: if you ever find yourself on the same side of an issue as BWC, you're probably gonna have a bad time.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Yeah, while I'm relieved that he's not our problem anymore something's amiss with this Bennett stuff.

Meanwhile, good riddance Boykin.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

I'm sure they wanted to make sure they had the evidence they needed and have some sort of iron clad case. Last thing a DA wants to do is charge a famous athlete and either lose in court or not even make it there. Then the criticism gets amplified by X amount of people. Especially in this day and age and with someone who dislikes cops as much as Bennett does.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't buy that.

Could easily be a DA/cops with an agenda considering how the evidence in this case seems tenuous at best. Bennett already likely angered a lot of law enforcement people with his run in with the Vegas PD (even if he did fabricate some details in what was a kinda touchy situation) so this could be an attempt to actually prosecute him.

And if that's the case, then Bennett's claim of racial profiling, which was sketchy at first would be validated because of this dumb ass lawsuit.

Can't we all just get along? I'm Canadian and race relations tend to be good here, but god i'm sick of hearing about the constant struggle down south.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I'm sure they wanted to make sure they had the evidence they needed and have some sort of iron clad case. Last thing a DA wants to do is charge a famous athlete and either lose in court or not even make it there. Then the criticism gets amplified by X amount of people. Especially in this day and age and with someone who dislikes cops as much as Bennett does.

It's still flimsy as shit.

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
If you've been drinking really heavily for days, you can still have a somewhat functional behavior (i.e. you don't pass out, can walk) even with a high blood alcohol content. Also kind of need your body to be conditioned to it with regular heavy drinking. With that high alcohol level you need monitoring though, did they just lock him up? The hangover must feel really awful both physically and mentally :pout:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Sigh. Gotta be smarter than that.

If she's bothering you tell her to leave or remove yourself. Can't put your hands on her or own illegal weapons.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
8-10 punches to the face/head, dragged by the hair, and physically thrown onto a driveway.

Isn’t she dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad