Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

MD-Bright-Passed-Away.jpg

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Haven't seen Will Smith in anything since the slap , be interesting how this does in the theaters .

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

MD-Bright-Passed-Away.jpg
RIP. Iconic cover he painted, I remember someone bringing issue 5 on the school bus in '85 and our young minds were blown.

Reactions: Guardian17

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Legendary Wrestling Obsession Podcast:

It's been a few shows since we posted a link. But you can catch up on the shows you've missed and this weeks gem if you are so inclined.

It's an iconic night as we see the birth of the Mega Powers, as wrestling's biggest stars of the 80's join forces. No Jesse... no problem we get Bobby the Brain Heenan. Savage looks to regain his IC belt but Jimmy Hart's crew has other thoughts. Hogan defends his own belt against the Savage Samoan Sika & Mr Wonderful takes on the man mountain... King Kong Bundy. We have a laugh at the debut of the "Piledriver Video" and do some after the fact chatting about Sting's last match. If you were an 80's wrestling fan then this is a can't miss show!

Saturday Night's Main Event XII, October 3, 1987 | Legendary Wrestling Obsession

Follow us on:
Twitter/X @LegWreObsession
Facebook Page - Legendary Wrestling Obsession
Patreon patreon.com/LegendaryWrestlingObsession
Now on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@LegendaryWrestlingObsession

5cgWp7b.jpg

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Geek Haven thread and not one post about the Amazon Prime Fallout series??

I've read a lot of mixed reviews, but it's hard to tell how much of this is "clever" marketing -- most articles or memes I see complaining about Fallout fans "hating" the series have comment sections saying "don't know what you're talking about, I love it".

I only ever played the original Fallout but the game always held a special place in my heart. I haven't watched the full season yet, but I have enjoyed the series so far. I think it's been faithful to the lore but more importantly to the aesthetic and the tone. Some stuff that I've seen people mock (like some funky combat sequences) are totally how stuff works in the game. Some funny meta stuff that my oldest son picked up on, like the douchebag Knight Titus basically being a gamer (looks like a gamer, talks like a gamer, berates his squire the way that many a gamer no doubt has when they get taken down by a yao guai and the NPC squire did not do enough to help).

I've appreciated the moral ambiguity and quandaries the characters have grappled with. It's not a perfect show, but it's a good homage to Fallout and enjoyable.

Reactions: Gm0ney

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I've also enjoyed the Fallout series so far, just have a few episodes left. I only played Fallout 2 a long time ago, so I don't know or remember enough to nitpick.

The music seems pretty bang on to me.

Reactions: ERYX

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I enjoyed all the fallout games, especially 3 and New Vegas which is what this series is loosely based on. The series is hilarious and awesome. Michael Rapaport as the asshole knight? How great is that? And Kyle Machlachlan in fallout....as others have said, it's the thing I never new that I needed. And Ella Pernell (Yellowjackets) is simply amazing and hilarious. The show may have wandered off cannon a little bit, which I think is fine. It's a stand alone show, in my opinion, so that's exactly what it should do.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I haven't started Fallout yet, kind of saving it for after the playoffs. I'm a huge fan of the videogames, put ridiculous amounts of time into Fallout 3, 4 and New Vegas.

Reactions: ERYX

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2