News Article: Geared Up - Sasha Kandrach

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Thought this was in interesting and light read about the Isles players and their equipment.

When the Islanders are playing their best hockey, they are one synchronized, orchestra. It's a metaphor President and GM Lou Lamoriello frequents when referring to the commitment and collective efforts needed to create a winning hockey team. The ensemble must be balanced throughout as every individual follows along to their assigned tempo and shapes the sound of the composition. Each player, or musician in this case, must ensure their instruments are finely tuned properly strung, and polished...

NYI Longread - Geared Up

I can't believe Nelson goes through that many gloves. I'm pretty sure he goes through more in a season than I have in 20+ years of playing.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Thought this was in interesting and light read about the Isles players and their equipment.

NYI Longread - Geared Up

I can't believe Nelson goes through that many gloves. I'm pretty sure he goes through more in a season than I have in 20+ years of playing.
I’ve heard that squeaking sound many times during the season and I knew it was Greiss’ skates because mine used to do the same thing. I always thought that it mean that they were getting dull and that it was time get a fresh cut. Weird

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad