Olympics: GDT: Slovakia vs Sweden

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Well at least Dano is not in the lineup. Yet, I won’t be satisfied until I see special teams units.
B02BFD52-8517-4E4D-9C67-E48B6E86093C.jpeg

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Looks like Slafkovsky will cause us plenty of problems

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
That’s a beautiful goal. Great pass from Bengtsson.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Marincin has been nothing but a fontain of brain farts. Absolutely disgusting that Ramsay sends him out shift after shift.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Slovakia are pretty good on forechecking, neutral zone battles and entering the offensive zone efficiently. Once there it seems they have too many specific instructions that just don't work that well. There are tactics, but not a strategy which makes it hard for the players to buy into it and also makes it near impossible to improvise.

Seeing some of the same patterns as in the game versus Finland.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Yeah I’m turning this off. Our top 6 forwards are simply not even close to being the level they need to be. I am now saying We are underdogs vs Latvia and any Slovaks who say otherwise are delusional

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
When you outshoot your opponent, but end up being down by 3... same story as yesterday. Offensive minded team that can't score. Won't end well.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
When you outshoot your opponent, but end up being down by 3... same story as yesterday. Offensive minded team that can't score. Won't end well.
Shots are mostly from the outside, weak, not giving goalie any real problems. Puck retrieval is terrible as well. But not surprising as we have Marincin and Cajkovsky in the top 4. 2 of the worst skating dman in the tournament

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Shots are mostly from the outside, weak, not giving goalie any real problems. Puck retrieval is terrible as well. But not surprising as we have Marincin and Cajkovsky in the top 4. 2 of the worst skating dman in the tournament
This is where it is weird. Cehlarik and Hrivik are among the best in the KHL at the cycle game and finding the right positions to shoot or pass to an open man. But once they enter the offensive zone.. The Slovakian team either shoot early... Or have a small conference in the middle.

Clueless coach.

Ramsay should go to He double hockey sticks' kitchen :D

Reactions: Antiillafire

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Ramsay still doesn’t have Slafkovsky on the powerplay. Oh dear lord. And first line PP still sucks
He should be canned NOW. Let the assistants take over. He is not a modern coach. Likely too many individual instructions (which was common in the 90s) and not clear enough strategies.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
This is where it is weird. Cehlarik and Hrivik are among the best in the KHL at the cycle game and finding the right positions to shoot or pass to an open man.
Hrivik is a 0,5 PPG player in the KHL despite having amazing linemates, I definitely wouldn't call him among the best at anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad