neftekhimik_arena_2012_.jpg

Neftekhimik Ice Palace (5500), Nizhnekamsk

Streams:
KHL.RU; OnHockey.TV; LiveTV.ru

Last edited:

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
6 players of SKA on the ice. The leaving one blocks the attack of SYu and nothing... Kovalchuk has a diplomatic immunity?
SKA is cursed. It will never win Gagarin Cup.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Zaripov is on fire, actually his whole line is on fire

Mozyakin and Zaripov are magical together... Kovar is just a beneficial bystander on that line lol..... Zaaripov with great finish, but what seeing eye passes from Mozyakin - he is the Datsyuk of the KHL. Tricky, minimal turnovers, exceptional passes, good moves and finish, definitely POd he didn't get the Olympic consideration.

od71

Apr 8, 2012
Mozyakin and Zaripov are magical together... Kovar is just a beneficial bystander on that line lol..... Zaaripov with great finish, but what seeing eye passes from Mozyakin - he is the Datsyuk of the KHL. Tricky, minimal turnovers, exceptional passes, good moves and finish, definitely POd he didn't get the Olympic consideration.

No, Kovar fits very well. I like how he complements them. He doesn't make plays, but he is a puck retriever which is also important.
What wonders me most, that's how Iron Mike works with Mozyakin, Zaripov, two players who I think hate NA style of hockey most of all. That's what I thought will be MMG problem. The misfit between coach and his best players. I just wonder what Mike thinks when Mozyakin and Zaripov play old school Soviet hockey.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
No, Kovar fits very well. I like how he complements them. He doesn't make plays, but he is a puck retriever which is also important.
What wonders me most, that's how Iron Mike works with Mozyakin, Zaripov, two players who I think hate NA style of hockey most of all. That's what I thought will be MMG problem. The misfit between coach and his best players. I just wonder what Mike thinks when Mozyakin and Zaripov play old school Soviet hockey.
Kovar lacks what that line and the team as a whole need the most, leadership of Malkin and Morozov. With all the respect to Mozyakin and Zaripov, they're just not the players of that kind.

As for Keenan, I don't think he has many other tools to rely on, because it's not just a mismatch between the leaders and the coach, it's the entire team, Magnitka was always too soft and too "Russian". And if they do want to remodel their team under Keenan's guidance, there's a ton of work to accomplish. At this point Timkin may be the only glimpse at their future, relying on AHLers wouldn't help much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad