GDT: Czech Republic vs. Finland, Feb. 18, 9.00 PM Torino, 3.00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noutaja

Aug 29, 2004
Swiss delivered such bitter medicine to Czeck overconfidense and complacency that I can´t await anything but defeat for Finland. 2-1 or 3-1.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
I can't see Finland winning this one. Czech lost to Sweizerland yesterday, and they usually come up huge to the next game. I say 3-1 Czech.

Hensta

May 10, 2005
Kuusamo,Finland
blacklabel said:
I can't see Finland winning this one. Czech lost to Sweizerland yesterday, and they usually come up huge to the next game. I say 3-1 Czech.

Oh comoon! We will take this one too. 4-1 to Finns and on Sunday well see the best hockey in the world Fin-Can!! :yo:

Ross MacLochness

Aug 12, 2004
Toronto
If this game isn't broadcast live in its entirety on the CBC at the pre-determined time slot of 3:00pm EST, as it says it will be on the CBC website..... I'm gonna lose it. I am going to absolutely snap on somebody.

Paatos

Jan 5, 2006
Oulu
Rabid Ranger said:
I love the Finnish reverse-psychology that usually pops in threads like these! :biglaugh:

The pessimist is never disappointed ;)

Finns have had easy two games and now they need to get their heads straight and concentrate for a change. I'd say they will run into trouble with D-men who cannot keep up with the Czech forwards and taking stupid penalties. 3-2 to Czech Rep. and a wake-up call for Finland.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I was all set to cheer for the Finns with Teppo and Lydman. But the Czechs just called up Ales Kotalik. What do I do now.

Paatos

Jan 5, 2006
Oulu
joshjull said:
I was all set to cheer for the Finns with Teppo and Lydman. But the Czechs just called up Ales Kotalik. What do I do now.

Grab a beer and enjoy the game :cheers:

zarathustra1900

Dec 10, 2005
Italy
Well, I was theer and watched the teams play (separately of course)..

..being a big Czech fan, I think the Fins are going to surprise us..

Hasek is out, his replacement not as steady..so is Patrik....he's a big player for us.

I think the Fins are going to surprise a lot of people this year...

...but I won't say they will win :)

It will be one of the best games of the Games IMO.

CIAO

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Sam Losco said:
If this game isn't broadcast live in its entirety on the CBC at the pre-determined time slot of 3:00pm EST, as it says it will be on the CBC website..... I'm gonna lose it. I am going to absolutely snap on somebody.
I love it. I'll pull a flipper too. Perhaps we can have a moment of unity across the country by busting something in disgust over the CBC's piss poor coverage.

ILuvLA

Jul 16, 2004
Lost in LA
I think that the Finns are going to take this one, but it should be a good game with two really fast teams going at each other.

Kostik

Oct 5, 2005
Finallly opponent from big 7! Should be great hockey...i'm expecting that Czechs want to bounce back from the loss, so they will try hard.
4-2 Czechs if everything goes well...Nitty is not Kipper(as Vokoun is not Hasek, but still...)

C-J...*

Only a handfull of the Finnish players would even make the Czech team, but I still think the Finns are going to win this one.

Motivation usually owns skill.

Tonzan

Dec 23, 2005
Finland
I really look forward to this game. I´ll probably watch it all by myself so I can shout and jump as I will.. If Finland wins.. I promised to write a praise poem for the team :) That won´t be pretty but I´ll do it. :)

Predictions:
-First physical game of the tounatment for these teams
-Therefore at least one "big league" player injury
-One goalie will be a disapontment.. which one?
-There will be a total of 4 goals in this game, so..
-Finland takes this one 3-1!! Go Go GO!

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Tonzan said:
Predictions:
-First physical game of the tounatment for these teams
-Therefore at least one "big league" player injury

Elias is out after a big cross-check vs Germany.
Physical enough?

Tonzan

Dec 23, 2005
Finland
Corto said:
Elias is out after a big cross-check vs Germany.
Physical enough?

Oh, I forgot. Germany game must have been rough. Somewhy I can´t see Germany playing a fair hard checking game.. I didn´t see the hit that injured Elias, but I have a feeling it wasn´t the kind of a hard play people like to see.
Hopefully it´s going to be a clean but tough game tonight, right?

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
Finns will win, 4-2 or 3-1, I guess.

It's our grand strategy, get underrated and then strike back in the quarterfinals :madfire:

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Two games so far for Team Finland. 11 goals scored, 0 goals scored against. Will this be a third shutout in a row? I doubt it but with a great game all around it's possible.

It's a hard challenge for both teams imo. Hard for us Finns because we've played against two countries that aren't in the top six, with all due respect, and now one of the hardest opponent mentally for Team Finland. No mistake goes unpunished and you have to play every situation 100%.

For the Czechs it's hard because they have to bounce back and the opponent isn't one of the easiest one either. I'm not going to guess the winner, but I'll guess that the winner will have two goals more than the loser and it's going to be a tight game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad