Olympics: GDT - China vs Germany

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
3:1 and that happens when you play like dogshit again.

I would beat the living shit out of them in the break.
You cannot get scored on by china.

Absolute Trümmertruppe.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
3:1 and that happens when you play like dogshit again.

I would beat the living shit out of them in the break.
You cannot get scored on by china.

Absolute Trümmertruppe.
Seems a little bit harsh to me.. Team China's made out of AHL/ECHL level players who got developed in NA, it's not like we're playing some beer leaguers here. Doesn't mean this game is a joy to watch and Germany hasn't missed the chance to end this game in the 2nd period, though.

..and it's 3-2, don't **** this up, boys!

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Its not harsh enough.

They lean back and chill.
The PP is dogshit. The PK is thinking about dinner and the 5 on 5 is sleeping like a drunk sailor.

I don't have any respect for them anymore. Because they should have known that they need goals, goals, goals to even up the goals against record.
But this looks like a team that doesn't want to be there and they play like it.
No urgency, no fight back. No ideas and no risks.

We will be stomped by the US tomorrow and not learn a thing from it.
This is an embarrassment.
Vergraben sollen die sich.

Last edited:

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
If you give up 6 powerplays and get scored upon and don't make any goal on your powerplay.
And that against China you shouldn't be playing in a Olympic tournament.

Last edited:

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Seems a little bit harsh to me.. Team China's made out of AHL/ECHL level players who got developed in NA, it's not like we're playing some beer leaguers here. Doesn't mean this game is a joy to watch and Germany hasn't missed the chance to end this game in the 2nd period, though.

..and it's 3-2, don't **** this up, boys!
While that may apply for the first two lines, have you had a look at the lower lines, and especially the fourth line? There are 10 Chinese-born players on the team of which 8 did not play even one game last season (Peter Zhong got 4 games in NCAA and Juncheng Yan 20 games in BCHL) and this season they have been on ice for short enough stints that their presence doesn't cause too much damage.

This result is terrible for Germany.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
I wasn't really watching the tournament because it is in China, but I kind of had a window so I decided to watch the first few minutes of the game to see China play. When I saw that "pseudonym" that Jeremy Smith got... I literally fell on the floor laughing. :laugh:

I like that the commentator mildly made fun of that team, because it is something out of a cartoon.

What an abomination of a tournament and what gutless clueless organization IIHF is for letting this thing happen. Hope that NHL starts their own World Cup so that IIHFs highlight will be D3 U18 from Bulgaria where their dearest member China might finally overcome incredible obstacles called Turkey or Bulgaria!

To quote South Park: You could use some tegridy IIHF

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
While that may apply for the first two lines, have you had a look at the lower lines, and especially the fourth line? There are 10 Chinese-born players on the team of which 8 did not play even one game last season (Peter Zhong got 4 games in NCAA and Juncheng Yan 20 games in BCHL) and this season they have been on ice for short enough stints that their presence doesn't cause too much damage.

This result is terrible for Germany.
to be fair, not a single one of players that learned how to play hockey in China had double-digit minutes: https://olympics.com/beijing-2022/o...e/eishockey/ergebnisse-herren-gpa-000400-.htm

p.s. here you can find funny names. DANNISI Aoxibofu is my favorite.

edit: this doesn't make this result good for Germany, they should still beat ECHLers.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
to be fair, not a single one of players that learned how to play hockey in China had double-digit minutes: https://olympics.com/beijing-2022/o...e/eishockey/ergebnisse-herren-gpa-000400-.htm

p.s. here you can find funny names. DANNISI Aoxibofu is my favorite.

edit: this doesn't make this result good for Germany, they should still beat ECHLers.
Right, and that's a manifestation of the problem. The Chinese-born players were not on ice for double-digit minutes because their on-ice presence would otherwise cause destruction (for Team China), which means that the imports have to spend disproportionate amounts of time on the ice while a team like Germany can have their lines play more evenly. Obviously this therefore means that the imports wear down their energy faster.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Team Germany has been a big disappointment so far. I was expecting much more from them. They were bad against Canada, and they were bad again today. Given that most of their players had already proven at World Championships they can be competitive even vs NHL players, I can't quite understand their performances here. Of course they still have room for improvement, but...

Reactions: Edenjung

member 305909

This is why you should eliminate teams in the group-stage instead of letting them all through.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Team China is a weird thing in hockey because the sport has been virtually non-existant, and if they didn’t reach for the Kunlun crowd it would have been a shitshow.

But I know several people who have been signing their kids up for hockey training because of the Olympics, and just like with skiing and other wintersports, there will be a relative boom here.
Growing the sport is good, IMO.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
I know state media isn’t like in North Korea where they change the actual score lines but you almost wish China just won it in OT so they’d talk about it on local news over there

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I know state media isn’t like in North Korea where they change the actual score lines

a73eb90bda299678846e92c732eaabcf

Reactions: Hospy and Jacob

colonia

Sep 2, 2021
Hard to say what happened between Deutschland Cup and now. I feel like Germany went into this tournament with super high expectations which are now overshadowed by a few very shattering reality checks. Söderholm's gotta find a way to get this team back on track. Do small things right, build some confidence. Germans are not that great at driving the game, luckily tomorrow's opponent will most likely do exactly that. And Germans might just turn things around mentally by playing three rock-solid periods. Or we might witness another manhandling. In the end both options are gonna be more entertaining than today's game...

Reactions: Kleefeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad