GDT: Belarus-Czech Republic 25.12, 4:00 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
Does anyone know where I can see a summary? Would like a consistent site I can use thru out the tournament, for box scores at least. IIHF site hasn't updated the boxscore since the second and it's 7-2, wanna know who scored. Anyone?

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Did anyone see this game?

How did Olesz look?

Thanks

BTW, I expect Olesz to stand out more against the tougher teams relative to his teammates. I'm not surprised Olesz didn't "Tear it up" vs. Belarus, but I expect from him most on the team, consistent production no matter how good the opponent.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
JasonMacIsaac said:
Vrna with the Hattrick and an assist. 4 point game....WooOOOoooOOoOOoO

Against Belarus ;)

Hey, doesn't the 3 goals just about equal as many as he has this year in Halifax :joker:

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Hold up. What's going on???? Read this from the WJC website. Was one of Vrana's goals changed to Olesz or something?????

Czech Republic wins first TRF game 7-2 over Belarus

By Jeff Swanson

The Czech Republic scored two shorthanded goals early in the third period, en route to a 7-2 win over Belarus in the first game of the World Junior Tournament in Thief River Falls. The Czechs scored three power play goals, in addition to the shorthanded goals, and outshot Belarus 36-16.

Czech coach Alois Hadamczik said he "made some specialty team adjustments" after taking a 1-0 first period lead. The first period was back and forth, with Czech goaltender Marek Schwarz forced to make several big saves. Belarus was held to only seven shots on goal in the second and third periods.

Rostislav Olesz scored twice, and was named Czech Republic player of the game. Olesz' linemate Petr Vrana had two goals and an assist. Vrana said the Czechs "jumped away from them" after scoring the two shorthanded goals.

Belarus coach Mikhail Zakharov said his team "took too many penalties" and said the Czech players from "North American leagues are more physical" than his players. Andrei Kastsitsyn was named Belarus' player of the game.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Vrna with the Hattrick and an assist. 4 point game....WooOOOoooOOoOOoO
The boxscores were wrong I believe. Vrana with 2 and an assist, Olesz with 2 and an assist and Olesz got player of the game for the Czechs.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
PanthersRule said:
The boxscores were wrong I believe. Vrana with 2 and an assist, Olesz with 2 and an assist and Olesz got player of the game for the Czechs.

Yeah IIHF's site is also saying 2g-1a-3pts for both Vrana and Olesz.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Heck yeah. The boxscore was wrong and Olesz got 2 goals, an assist and player of the game. :yo: :bow: :teach: .

He was also out for the other goals his line scored, so most likely, he did something to start the play, knowing his style.

Man, he's gonna make teams regret they passed up on him. Let's just hope Ovechkin doesn't knock him out after what he said at the draft. :teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad