GDT: GDT: Austria vs Česko

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Game 2 for both teams.

Czechs, somehow, beat Canada 5-2 last night in an insane game.

Austria lost to Sweden 11-0 in a less insane game.

Czechs had the later start and Austrians should have more rest. Teen hormones might be raging so I wouldn't be surprised if this was much closer than it looks on paper.

Good luck to both. Czechs have said they will try to play the same roster. Not sure if Ales Cech is okay or not? Not sure if Marek Alscher might take his spot? I'd personaly play Satny/Kral and sit Suchanek for the next game.

Last edited:

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Good to see Vinzenz Rohrer in the line-up for Austria. Doesn't matter it is vs. "my" Czechs. He is a great prospect and I am glad he can show up in the tournament. Also, Austria desperately needs him to create something offensively.

Reactions: Czechboy

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Game 2 for both teams.

Czechs, somehow, beat Canada 5-2 last night in an insane game.

Austria lost to Sweden 11-0 in a less insane game.

Czechs had the later start and Austrians should have more rest. Teen hormones might be raging so I wouldn't be surprised if this was much closer than it looks on paper.

Good luck to both. Czechs have said they will try to play the same roster. Not sure if Ales Cech is okay or not? Not sure if Marek Alscher might take his spot? I'd personaly play Satny/Kral and sit Suchanek for the next game.
I would not be surprised if Czechia comes out flat. Still, I can't imagine them losing to Austria but, in the 2023 WJR's, you never know.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
No changes to lineup and I have to think Jalonen for that... since he came on the national team (and he's here)... i feel like the line blender has not been in effect. Previously guys like Prerost, Varada and Pesan would just switch it every game.

Putting Chmelar in Top 6 was an inspired move and he's my player to watch. Curious how Sale does and hoping for some Kulich magic tonight!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I would not be surprised if Czechia comes out flat. Still, I can't imagine them losing to Austria but, in the 2023 WJR's, you never know.
I doubt they slept last night.lol

I totally expect a flat and underwhelming performance. I'd be happy having a lead in 3rd and being able to cruise out without injury. I seriously can't see 11-0 like the Swedes pulled off. Back to back and after that historic game (for us) last night.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The Czechia / Sweden game will be great game to watch.
I'm not at all.lol Swedes have been beating us for as long as Canada at this thing. If we have 1 win over them in 20 years then I don't remember it.lol Their game just dominates us every time... stylistic clash.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I doubt they slept last night.lol

I totally expect a flat and underwhelming performance. I'd be happy having a lead in 3rd and being able to cruise out without injury. I seriously can't see 11-0 like the Swedes pulled off. Back to back and after that historic game (for us) last night.
I agree.

Czechia has a wonderful chance at first in division - as long as they don't lose a easy one. They have a +3 Goal Differential over Canada so if Czechia:

1) Wins the games they are expected to win = Austria and Germany;
2) Keeps it close against Sweden;
3) Hope Canada beats the Swedes.

1st will be theirs.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nice to see Cech back in lineup.. honestly, it'd be nice to see our bottom 6 sneak a bunch in. With all due respect, I'd like to see Rulik 'roll the lines' a little amongst the Forwards and even out the minutes for today. I may be overthinking it.lol

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I'm not at all.lol Swedes have been beating us for as long as Canada at this thing. If we have 1 win over them in 20 years then I don't remember it.lol Their game just dominates us every time... stylistic clash.
You have a +3 over Canada so just keep it close with Sweden - even if you lose.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I agree.

Czechia has a wonderful chance at first in division - as long as they don't lose a easy one. They have a +3 Goal Differential over Canada so if Czechia:

1) Wins the games they are expected to win = Austria and Germany;
2) Keeps it close against Sweden;
3) Hope Canada beats the Swedes.

And 1st will be theirs.
See I see it different.lol

Germany has beat us 3 in a row going back to 2014. Sweden absolutely owns us. We will likely one of those 2. Canada beats Sweden and the pool is theres. FTR.. I still think Canada gets gold and wins the pool. we just pissed them off.lol

Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

Germany has beat us 3 in a row going back to 2014. Sweden absolutely owns us. We will likely one of those 2. Canada beats Sweden and the pool is theres. FTR.. I still think Canada gets gold and wins the pool. we just pissed them off.lol
LOL. Good one.

I hope you are right. :)

I see it this way...

* Czechia beat Canada 5-2.

* Sweden will beat Czechia 4-3

* Canada will beat Sweden 4-1

And as long as Czechia beats Germany and Austria, the pool is yours.

Anyway, we'll see. :)

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Jiricek hitting bombs from point tonight... Brabenex with first goal. Sounds like suchanek may have his second point of the tournament... Will confirm later.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
LOL. Good one.

I hope you are right. :)

I see it this way...

* Czechia beat Canada 5-2.

* Sweden will beat Czechia 4-3

* Canada will beat Sweden 4-1

And as long as Czechia beats Germany and Austria, the pool is yours.

Anyway, we'll see. :)
Germany absolutely owns us here and took Sweden to 1-0. But I hope you are right. I just want a less stressful quarter!

Reactions: ORRFForever

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Austria pp coming up. Nice of tsn to not show this on either channel... I get show the shootout but you have 2 channels showing it and none showing this

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I love how they described Mechura as a guy that 'plays here'... Tri City is a wee bit away from Halifax. Ok, done shitting on TSN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad