GDT Arizona / Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It would also go against what Hughes has said repeatedly yesterday -- they will go BPA, regardless of position. He added that if it happens to be a D, he would entertain a trade but it's BPA all the way. Hughes aligns with your train of thought, no sense speculating otherwise.
That's what I think as well. I do wonder if Hughes isn't giving himself trade leverage as well by saying so. You have to think they want to move up for Demidov.

Connected? Only on account of Habs seepage, but I don't think anyone has ever shown that the clown had reliable info from any other team. There's a lot of self-aggrandizement by him and he's a giant bore whenever he's called in for his "expert" advice.

Hey, no argument here. I can't stand his appearances on podcasts. He brings no substance. I'll listen to him only to hear what "other NHL scouts" have to say. I don't doubt he over-inflates his connections though, it would certainly fit the character.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I mean it's pretty obvious they want a forward.

Lapointe said they hope the defenseman push some forwards down.

Hughes on two occasions now have basically admitted they want to add to the forward group.

You can look at all the lists around the league and outside of Levshunov, the defenseman are all over the place, there isn't going to be a clear cut, no doubt 1 defenseman available that they 'can't pass' on.

They are taking a forward and running around with these hypotheticals is a lot like last year where people tried to convince themselves Michkov was in play.

Reactions: Rozz and Redux91

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
They are taking a forward and running around with these hypotheticals is a lot like last year where people tried to convince themselves Michkov was in play.
Well if not Michkov, Benson and Leonard came to mind WAY MORE than Reinbacher.

As far as the D's are concerned, I don't see Dickinson and Buium as all over the place. Parekh? Maybe for some defensive reasons.....and frankly, I'm dissapointed personnally with Dickinson's offense in the playoffs...but...Buium? Kid is a star.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Can't dislike the Arizona Coyotes. They hooked us up in a big way 3 years in a row. If they were still around and I could pick a team to win the draft lottery without impacting us that would be the team that I would want to win.

Absolutely insane that they never drafted a #1 overall pick in their history.

Reactions: Runner77

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
yeah I fell much better at 5 than 6 or 7. I know we can possibly drop but that just how the lotto goes. we did what we needed to do and that was finish as low as possible with out completely wrecking our teams mentality and drive... which is a hard task to do... but thanks to those beautiful roadkill Coyotes winning their last game 3 years in a row this rebuild looks very promising!
And that is the payback for that John scott trade fiasco

Reactions: Rozz

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I mean it's pretty obvious they want a forward.

Lapointe said they hope the defenseman push some forwards down.

Hughes on two occasions now have basically admitted they want to add to the forward group.

All smoke they said what people wanted to hear they have tickets to sell.

Suck it Edmonton, may they crash and burn so Drai sign with the Habs in 2 years.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Yeah I remember when it was all smoke and they were taking Michkov. They're transparent. They are not taking a D
I suppose it's possible they take a defenseman if they have a trade agreed on to move him od another d in a deal for someone like Necas or Zegras

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I suppose it's possible they take a defenseman if they have a trade agreed on to move him od another d in a deal for someone like Necas or Zegras

Its possible but remains pretty unlikely to me. Doubt they actually want Zegras, not really their style of player and I'm not sure Carolina is moving Necas and if they do it probably is later in the off season

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Its possible but remains pretty unlikely to me. Doubt they actually want Zegras, not really their style of player and I'm not sure Carolina is moving Necas and if they do it probably is later in the off season
Yeah. Not sure if anyone of equal value would be available. And of course they would trade the pick. They would never draft a player and trade him right away (NBA style).

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
561 posts in this thread , you guys are animals. Its why winning a cup here will be bigger than anywhere else in the world , worth 3x cups for these other franchises who don't have maniacs like us for fans
ultimate-warrior.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad