GDT: GDT #72 New York Islanders @ Florida Panthers | March 28th | 7:00 PM | F/W 3-2

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
You can't have both goaltender pads out of the crease and expect opposing players to get out of your way "just because". And you can't interfere with the goalie's stick while he's in the crease. Both calls (the non-goal and the goal allowed) made perfect sense.

Reactions: Potvottier

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
You are correct - he is playing more than both Romanov and Pelech; today's game could have been about the pairing with Pulock, who Roy also has relied heavily upon.

I cannot see how they resign Reilly and I cannot see how they cannot.

With Bolduc, a 22 year old, 6'4 D man, he needs to play and any cap space needs to go to improve the forward group, but how can they not resign Reilly, who is obviously someone Roy trusts?
Reilly has chemistry with Barzal. It's so obvious. Having them on the ice together almost makes up for stranding Barzal on a helicopter line. I think Bolduc has potential and not sure how he factors in to whatever shake-up might come. I hammered Mayfield before I understood the injury. Worse than most thought. If he returns to 2023 form and if someone can convince Dobson to lift the occasional stick, we're ok on the right side. Maybe the discussion on left centers on retaining Reilly and possibly moving Pelech, who played two of his periods of the year last night.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
And you can't interfere with the goalie's stick while he's in the crease.
FWIW, recently there was a goal against the Isles where Roy challenged the call and seemed to be arguing that the opposition player did exactly that - interfered with Sorokin's stick when he was in the crease. The goal call was confirmed and the Isles got a penalty (and I think the other team scored).

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Its funny -- i was perusing (and chiming in a bit) on the Panthers GDT last night. They were bellyaching about G interference and the Cizakas trip before that goal.

and one guy came and said that the Isles GDT is complaining about the reffing as well.

All people do is complain about the officials when the calls dont go their way. Its amazing.
You don’t need to seek validation from other fanbases, especially going in with the “WELL ACKSHUALLY” explanations.

From their perspective, they’re losing at home to an also-ran and aren’t trying to engage in debate with the opposing fans in their own GDT.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
FWIW, recently there was a goal against the Isles where Roy challenged the call and seemed to be arguing that the opposition player did exactly that - interfered with Sorokin's stick when he was in the crease. The goal call was confirmed and the Isles got a penalty (and I think the other team scored).
I haven't watched the Isles for at least a month so perhaps I missed that. Unfortunate that the league can't be consistent if that was the case, but I think a lot of it would have to do if the contact with the goalie's stick had a direct effect on the goaltender's inability to stop the puck.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
You don’t need to seek validation from other fanbases, especially going in with the “WELL ACKSHUALLY” explanations.

From their perspective, they’re losing at home to an also-ran and aren’t trying to engage in debate with the opposing fans in their own GDT.

Believe me, there is no seeking of anything from anyone on the intrawebzzz. Just funny to watch the game from opposition perspective. and for the record, I watched the Panthers TV feed. Their announcers were just as "lost" as their fans. "Refs are having a tough night"

No - buddy -- FLORIDA is having a tough night as they are losing to a team which isnt making the playoffs.

Reactions: Potvottier

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I haven't watched the Isles for at least a month so perhaps I missed that. Unfortunate that the league can't be consistent if that was the case, but I think a lot of it would have to do if the contact with the goalie's stick had a direct effect on the goaltender's inability to stop the puck.
It appeared that the opposing player maybe swept Sorokin's stick and the puck when through the 5-hole that the stick had been blocking. It wasn't extremely clear in the view they showed on the broadcast - not sure if the people reviewing had another angle? Anyway, I don't like complaining about refs so it is what it is.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Can’t believe you haven’t been keeping up with the playoff dark horse of the league!
Looking more like a unicorn at this point. Generally I watch the games on replay and only watch the games they win to see how great they did to drink my own Kool Aid so to speak. It's quite a refreshing way to watch your favorite sports team. It seems like they never lose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad