GDT: GDT #7 New York Islanders @ Columbus Blue Jackets | October 28th | 7:00 PM | F/W 2-0

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Yep, Varly is definitely locked in. Best Islander tonight. Happy for him.

I'd rather watch paint dry than this offense generate goals. They can create chances, but little finish. The D was okay.

13 is so overpaid, slowly added to my shitlist. Passenger, being on the wing takes him further out of his comfort zone. Perhaps it's time to put him back at center. On the wing he can meander into invisibility.

So want Wahlstrom to start burying these shots, would love for him to actually develop into a scoring winger.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Isles offense played great. 2 goals but they have 3 maybe 4 if Martin didn't play out of his mind.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Yep, Varly is definitely locked in. Best Islander tonight. Happy for him.

I'd rather watch paint dry than this offense generate goals. They can create chances, but little finish. The D was okay.

13 is so overpaid, slowly added to my shitlist. Passenger, being on the wing takes him further out of his comfort zone. Perhaps it's time to put him back at center. On the wing he can meander into invisibility.

So want Wahlstrom to start burying these shots, would love for him to actually develop into a scoring winger.
He was visible, didn’t you see that amazing zone entry on the PP where he gained the zone and immediately turned over the puck?

Reactions: BelovedIsles

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
CBJ fan coming in peace.

used to be a jackets STH. tonight was my first game back at NWA in 13 months. gonna be my only game I get to go to all year.

IMG_3757.jpeg

knew coming into this game it would be a defensive game despite the backups starting. your guys’ defense is so special. the way your defensemen risk the body is special. the traffic infront of the net makes it so hard for shots to get through to varly/sorokin. I watched Pelech take a shot off the wrist and miss a few shifts. looked like he was in absolute AGONY, then all of the sudden hopped over the boards and proceeded to block more shots. that’s heart.

hate losing to a metro opponent.

but you I’m sure you guys will make it very far. a playoff team for sure. once your offense gets rolling, y’all won’t be no match for my jackets. no chance we will sweep a season series. not for a long time.

night all.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
CBJ fan coming in peace.

used to be a jackets STH. tonight was my first game back at NWA in 13 months. gonna be my only game I get to go to all year.

but you I’m sure you guys will make it very far. a playoff team for sure. once your offense gets rolling, y’all won’t be no match for my jackets. no chance we will sweep a season series. not for a long time.

night all.
Hey, I just wanna say that the Jackets are getting close. Fantilli is super good and he's also young. Columbus got a young team that'll only get better.

Reactions: I3LI3

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
fantilli is a bright spot. he’s not afraid to have the puck on his stick, at all. thanks for the compliment.
i'm just glad that the Jackets didn't take Michkov haha

But Fantilli was such a good consolation prize for Bedard. I hate using football, but it feels like getting Quinnen Williams after Bosa got taken in 2019.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Nice game by Varly tonight. He's the 37th highest paid G in a 32 team league. But I'd say he's better than the 5th best backup, no? He's a good deal at $2.75M.

Engvall was very good tonight. We knew about his skating before he came here, and he's got a good shot. But he's also a pretty good passer - especially the little fast passes or deflection passes in the neutral zone. I like that he moves the puck quickly.

And I'm all for giving Barzal more time on the wing, but as I was watching tonight Barzal at C with JGP on one wing (for defense and faceoffs) started to look like a good option...

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Nice game by Varly tonight. He's the 37th highest paid G in a 32 team league. But I'd say he's better than the 5th best backup, no? He's a good deal at $2.75M.

Engvall was very good tonight. We knew about his skating before he came here, and he's got a good shot. But he's also a pretty good passer - especially the little fast passes or deflection passes in the neutral zone. I like that he moves the puck quickly.

And I'm all for giving Barzal more time on the wing, but as I was watching tonight Barzal at C with JGP on one wing (for defense and faceoffs) started to look like a good option...
What backup is better than him other than Ullmark/Swayman?

I’d have a tough time picking 15 goalies ahead of him

Reactions: doublechili

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

I think we could try to break up Barzal and Horvat more, but I think they all play better on a weird disjointed lineup with the 4th and 2nd line staying intact. This was arguably their 2nd best defensive performance of the year.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Engvall-Nelson-Palmieri is the team's top line.

It's wild that Engvall actually has a better understanding than Barzal that when you have drawn multiple defenders, someone or somewhere (on the ice) is wide open. Engvall sweeped the puck on net and Palmieri was sitting there by himself and slammed home the rebound.

Barzal's IQ is really starting to become worrisome. Like I said in a different thread yesterday, he has 1st line tools with a 2nd line toolbox.

Also did Wahlstrom even play? I'm not even confident he would be a scorer in the AHL at this point...Bellows 2.0 (who by the way is not under contract or playing anywhere right now). Give me Gauthier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad