GDT: GDT #7 New York Islanders @ Columbus Blue Jackets | October 28th | 7:00 PM | F/W 2-0

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
They don't sit on one-goal leads. They simply do not have the horses to score separation goals, ala the Avs. Sure, there are certain games they've went into a shell given the context, opponent etc. Generally speaking, I don't see a team that sits on leads, I see a team that isn't skilled enough to create larger ones.
Another way to look at today's team- Whether it's Mayfield's injury or offensive desperation, having Dobson lead the team in minutes causes extended zone time for the other team. It limits our offensive output.

Reactions: NYI365

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Horvat has a UFA contract, the other player has a hope and dreams one.
Oh, that makes so much more sense. Horvat signed an UFA contract. But Barzal signed a RFA contract which is only made up of 7 out of 8 UFA years.

Here I thought it was just an overzealous fixation on a particular player, as per past practice. :sarcasm:

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Oh, that makes so much more sense. Horvat signed an UFA contract. But Barzal signed a RFA contract which is only made up of 7 out of 8 UFA years.

Here I thought it was just an overzealous fixation on a particular player, as per past practice. :sarcasm:
I’ll take Horvat all day long over Barzal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad