GDT: GDT #66 New York Islanders vs Ottawa Senators | March 16th | 12:30 PM | F/4-3 OTL

Green

Nov 13, 2019
The worst part is maybe with momentum they could beat or get a point out of the Ranger game tommorow, now I think not

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
I mean Pelech is Pelech on that play. No idea what Pulock is doing. They just aren’t good enough. They make too many mistakes vs the talent they have.
So many time this game where I'm wondering what Pulock can possibly be thinking. At least three D-zone faceoff wins where he had plenty of time, but rifled the puck up the board before our winger was even there. It's a completely unnecessary turnover where we have possession and guys expecting to break out cleanly. And on the OT goal, only god knows what he's doing.

Reactions: Groin Of Bates

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I’d put Fasching back in tomorrow for Holmstrom, minor change but Holmstrom has been really poor and soft last two games. He is struggling. I’m actually not as concerned about the next five games versus today’s game, they had three games against really bad teams in last two weeks and got five points. Teams like us and the teams around us always seem to stumble against these bad teams.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
At least we get an update from that guy in the Dobson point thread tomorrow
I’m more amused and at times annoyed at the love thrown at Holmstrom.

He’s not shown himself to be anything more than a bottom 6 player. Sure he’s improved this year but I’ll say it’s far from a breakout performance. He has 22 points and a 22.4 shooting percentage.

The Isles have a handful of prized assets I would term untouchable in the offseason. He’s not on that list.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I’m more amused and at times annoyed at the love thrown at Holmstrom.

He’s not shown himself to be anything more than a bottom 6 player. Sure he’s improved this year but I’ll say it’s far from a breakout performance. He has 22 points and a 22.4 shooting percentage.

The Isles have a handful of prized assets I would term untouchable in the offseason. He’s not on that list.
Yeah he isn’t special, maybe ok third liner but if someone wants him in trade that nets us a top six forward or whatever I wouldn’t hesitate.

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
Yeah he isn’t special, maybe ok third liner but if someone wants him in trade that nets us a top six forward or whatever I wouldn’t hesitate.
as a cheap, league minimum third liner, he's fine. Defensively responsible, does decent work on the forecheck and rarely makes glaring errors. I'd prefer to hold on to him, because we don't have a lot of that on our team. All of our other third liners, which is the majority of our forwards, are neither cheap nor low error players.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Pelech fell smh can’t make this shit up.
Yup. Roy had exactly who I wanted out there to kill the end of that penalty...Pageau, Pelech, and Pulock, and it still turned to shit.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Lee was horrific today.
So was Palmieri, despite his goal.

I’d put Fasching back in tomorrow for Holmstrom, minor change but Holmstrom has been really poor and soft last two games. He is struggling. I’m actually not as concerned about the next five games versus today’s game, they had three games against really bad teams in last two weeks and got five points. Teams like us and the teams around us always seem to stumble against these bad teams.
The Senators are not that bad. Neither are the Sabres.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad