GDT: GDT #66 New York Islanders vs Ottawa Senators | March 16th | 12:30 PM | F/4-3 OTL

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
I think one of the most frustrating things watching this team is how we rarely break out cleanly and gain the zone with possession. The number of times the Sens' D passed, cross ice, to an open forward who gained our zone with possession was so frustrating, and in a stark contrast to this team, who hardly ever manage this. Our D pass up the boards to a covered forward, who either chips it in (or fails to do so, as Engvall did on the 2nd Sens goal) or ends up in a board battle in the neutral zone.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
So was Palmieri, despite his goal.

The Senators are not that bad. Neither are the Sabres.
Was more talking the ducks and sharks last week, Sabres are hot right now. Wings lost to coyotes the other night at home, flyers were tooth and nail to beat sharks last week. I’d rather play good teams this time of year, these got nothing to lose teams are hard games I think.

I think one of the most frustrating things watching this team is how we rarely break out cleanly and gain the zone with possession. The number of times the Sens' D passed, cross ice, to an open forward who gained our zone with possession was so frustrating, and in a stark contrast to this team, who hardly ever manage this. Our D pass up the boards to a covered forward, who either chips it in (or fails to do so, as Engvall did on the 2nd Sens goal) or ends up in a board battle in the neutral zone.
During the winning streak this was very good part of their game, it’s disconnected hockey the last two game especially where forwards and D are just too far apart from each other.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I’m more amused and at times annoyed at the love thrown at Holmstrom.

He’s not shown himself to be anything more than a bottom 6 player. Sure he’s improved this year but I’ll say it’s far from a breakout performance. He has 22 points and a 22.4 shooting percentage.

The Isles have a handful of prized assets I would term untouchable in the offseason. He’s not on that list.

The only value he has is that he’s going to be cheap. With overpaid, waste-of-spaces like Lee on the roster, we need cheap players to compensate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad