GDT: GDT: 4/11 Caps vs Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Back in December, I got tix to a concert tonight on the assumption that the team would not be playing meaningful games now. I'll be stealing looks at the phone to at least track the score.

Reactions: troyerlaw

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I’m bypassing beer tonight and going straight to Knob Creek 12 year.

Think I'm in the CaliCamp but I'm far more petty. I just can't drink anything named 'Knob Creek'. I envision a remote Kentucky stream with a bunch of hillbillies urinating in it. Too American.

The irish do it best and with names like Red Breast, Bushmills and I will never pass up a Tully 12yr....I think it's better than the over-rated Midleton.

That said, going Greek tonight: Aged Tsipouro

• Haha
Reactions: Calicaps

arlcapsfan

Oct 3, 2015
Think I'm in the CaliCamp but I'm far more petty. I just can't drink anything named 'Knob Creek'. I envision a remote Kentucky stream with a bunch of hillbillies urinating in it. Too American.

The irish do it best and with names like Red Breast, Bushmills and I will never pass up a Tully 12yr....I think it's better than the over-rated Midleton.

That said, going Greek tonight: Aged Tsipouro
The Jamison 18 is fantastic. Can never find it in Va but readily available in DC and Md.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I'm treating this game with the respect it deserves: another meadowfoam traditional mead for me tonight! Wow how lucky am I!

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I get that Jimi's line has been very effective and so coaches might not want to break them up. But McMike has been pretty useless. I think Jimi has earned the shot at 1C.
They ran it at times during that stretch where they just couldn't lose. I learned this while looking to see what their non-Wilson lines looked like and Lapierre and Ovechkin... work.

I would much prefer the Ovechkin-Lapierre-Protas/Miro thing they were doing than putting CMM there, and I like CMM, he just needs to be a little lower down the deployment charts and preferably with Oshie (whom I think he works well with in my purely observational opinion)

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
NAK goes through such weird peaks and valleys, when he's doing things and feeling it he's like the most talented 4th line player in the league and borderline perfect since he's still physical and a little nasty, other times he's such a dipshit in play and decision making overall.

Today, to be fair, he's channeling more of the good so far. His reads have been great and that deflection there was very close to being nasty.

Reactions: um

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Not much intensity from the Caps.
by design.

if this is a boxing match it's two people trying not to get knocked out while scoring points. We'll see if nobody's really swinging for it by the end of the 2nd but for now it's right what you'd want to see as a gameplan for a team who can't afford to lose, and I expect the Caps to open up if they a.) go behind or b.) sense vulnerability and are able to really turn the screws.

last thing you want, though, is to put up 15 minutes of relentless pressure and then give up a late period goal.

Reactions: Empty Goal Net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad