GDT: GDT #23 New York Islanders @ Florida Panthers | December 2nd | 6 PM | F/W 4-3

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Alot of shots allowed yes. But they were never really running around like lunatics like they do. And offensively i thought they played well.
I think people are forgetting that when Trotz was coach we'd get out shot all the time. Trotz didn't mind giving up shots - he just tried to minimize the slot chances and especially the cross-slot passes for one-timers. One of my beefs with Lambert is the quality of the chances the team gives up and, as you said, the running around.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Don't look now, but the Isles have points in 8 of last 9, are sitting in playoff position, and have two last place teams coming to town.

Reactions: BrockLobster

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
They won without Barzal. Not shocking. Look at the goals. Simple, get the puck on net, get rebounds, drive to the net, etc. Nothing fancy, no YouTube stars, just goals and wins.

Reactions: ndgolden

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Don't look now, but the Isles have points in 8 of last 9, are sitting in playoff position, and have two last place teams coming to town.

Sell sell sell!! Draft picks draft picks draft picks!

They won without Barzal. Not shocking. Look at the goals. Simple, get the puck on net, get rebounds, drive to the net, etc. Nothing fancy, no YouTube stars, just goals and wins.

Zzzz

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I think people are forgetting that when Trotz was coach we'd get out shot all the time. Trotz didn't mind giving up shots - he just tried to minimize the slot chances and especially the cross-slot passes for one-timers. One of my beefs with Lambert is the quality of the chances the team gives up and, as you said, the running around.
The goaltending in the league is borderline atrocious and the Isles have two very strong goalies. I like Lou is playing the longish game that if the Isles make the playoffs their goaltending will carry them.

The Isles do need to adjust their defensive structure, probably add another Greene type to settle things down, and get some more ‘basic’ play from the forwards and they could be on the postseason side of a rollercoaster season.

The EC batch of teams are all beatable, there’s no ‘fear that team’ in EC.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Barzal has 7 points in his last 2 games… I get knocking him when he isn’t playing well, but now isn’t the time for it.
Two blown third period leads, what should have been 4 points. The isles got 2 and gave the loser point to a conference opponent and 2 points to a division opponent (luckily, the Devils aren’t making the playoffs).Glad he got the points, but the net result wasn’t so pretty.

Tonight, w/o him in the lineup, kept things simple and won.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Two blown third period leads, what should have been 4 points. The isles got 2 and gave the loser point to a conference opponent and 2 points to a division opponent (luckily, the Devils aren’t making the playoffs).Glad he got the points, but the net result wasn’t so pretty.

Tonight, w/o him in the lineup, kept things simple and won.

So its all barzals fault...

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Another ugly win. The islanders are nothing but effective lately and it's good to see them actually scoring on their limited opportunities. Lee is seemingly alive again and Holmstrom looks good too.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
So its all barzals fault...
Just more spinning of their usual nonsense… you know it’s a whole other level, when it happens for a game Barzal didn’t play in.

Moreover, I fail to see how Barzal being out; led to a change of game play the yielded this particular win. Same issues as every other game were still there…

Bad defensive coverages, giveaways and blown leads.

The Isles didn’t win because of a simplification to their playing style brought on by Barzal out of the lineup.

The Isles won because Florida didn’t convert on 3-4 posts/crossbars, and their backup goalie played like an actual backup.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad