GDT: GDT #23 New York Islanders @ Florida Panthers | December 2nd | 6 PM | F/W 4-3

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
He just can’t find it consistently at all. Gauthier is same which is why he’s bounced around but for now Wahlstrom would have to be guy coming out assuming Barzal is back Tuesday.
Ironically, there’s a good chance that Wahlstom will just become another team‘s Gauthier.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
The Devils loss really hit me hard. Decided to take a break from the team for a bit after that.

Then what happens? Wins @car and @FLA. Hooefully they can stay hot and add some more points next week.

Reactions: CupHolders

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Two blown third period leads, what should have been 4 points. The isles got 2 and gave the loser point to a conference opponent and 2 points to a division opponent (luckily, the Devils aren’t making the playoffs).Glad he got the points, but the net result wasn’t so pretty.

Tonight, w/o him in the lineup, kept things simple and won.

So it was Barzal’s fault when he wasn’t on the ice they gave up a tying goal with 2 seconds left against Carolina? Yet where is the credit when he scores the game winning OT goal?

There are times Barzal can be frustrating to watch and he does make stupid decisions at times. Other times he is making great plays that result in goals and assists. Lately he has been great and by far our best forward. This isn’t the time to be ripping him.

He just can’t find it consistently at all. Gauthier is same which is why he’s bounced around but for now Wahlstrom would have to be guy coming out assuming Barzal is back Tuesday.

Wahlstrom consistently blows.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I have not watched the last 2 game’s but talking to my buddy yesterday he said this team is similar to the Weight team as there is a real lack of any defensive structure.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I have not watched the last 2 game’s but talking to my buddy yesterday he said this team is similar to the Weight team as there is a real lack of any defensive structure.
It’s a bit different. Weight’s team was designed to be open from the get go. I don’t think Lambert has necessarily opened anything up. It’s just that the players don’t execute well at all.

I keep being reminded of a recent sequence where both Romanov and Pulock went shoulder to shoulder out of position to play a single Carolina player on a rush… who was already taking himself out of a prime shooting spot.

There is no coach, at any level who would’ve drawn that play up.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Just more spinning of their usual nonsense… you know it’s a whole other level, when it happens for a game Barzal didn’t play in.

Moreover, I fail to see how Barzal being out; led to a change of game play the yielded this particular win. Same issues as every other game were still there…

Bad defensive coverages, giveaways and blown leads.

The Isles didn’t win because of a simplification to their playing style brought on by Barzal out of the lineup.

The Isles won because Florida didn’t convert on 3-4 posts/crossbars, and their backup goalie played like an actual backup.
A few weeks ago was .."Start Varlamov more", then we saw after 1 game how that worked out. I'm very critical pf this team when they stink, I'm also very praiseful when they play well. I like to say, calling a spade a spade. I hate to mention this, same goes for Politics. I don't want any slants, just tell me the real facts and I will make up my own mind. Fortunately I can watch a sporting event and see it with my own eyes.

The Cowboys won the other night, know what I took out of it??? We are not close to a SB contending team. That's the f***ing truth. I have watched them since 82, I'm never afraid to admit the truth. It's the same old story year after year. Penalties and failure to play up to your opponent.

Cheers
John

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The goaltending in the league is borderline atrocious and the Isles have two very strong goalies. I like Lou is playing the longish game that if the Isles make the playoffs their goaltending will carry them.
Just like it did in the playoffs last year.:rolleyes:

Stop it. Lou isn't playing a long game. He's boxed in with the roster he has. I assure you Lou did not draw this up as having the Isles tread water until the TDL and then make a trade to solidify the roster. That will be the result because of the team Lou built.

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The Isles do need to adjust their defensive structure, probably add another Greene type to settle things down, and get some more ‘basic’ play from the forwards and they could be on the postseason side of a rollercoaster season.
They need 2 defensemen if Pelech is out longer than the minimum time needed for LTIR. A solid defensive defenseman to replace Pelech, and still need a PMD. The Isles inability to get into the offensive zone cleanly is still an issue. The first pass we make at center zone is off target too many times and it gums up our entries.. We're 22 games into the season and we still haven't cleaned that up.

Last edited:

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
My god… Kiss is awful!!
Honestly, the live shows were pretty good. You must remember, that's what it was all about. I'm not saying they are a great band, not my argument. The Kiss alive 1 and 2 were good.

These two are on another level though (obviously not kiss)

Forgot this f***ing amazing performance..

Last edited:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Dobson has really been forced into the top role with injuries and disappointing play from others. I'd say he's killing it and is playing a huge role out there. He is also playing quite a bit on LD too so that versatility to play his off side is just sprinkles on top of the sundae.

Dobber's testicles have descended... and they are scraping the floor. :)

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Honestly, the live shows were pretty good. You must remember, that's what it was all about. I'm not saying they are a great band, not my argument. The Kiss alive 1 and 2 were good.

These two are on another level though (obviously not kiss)

Forgot this f***ing amazing performance..

I don’t doubt the shows were entertaining.

It’s just the bad music… :)

Reactions: MattMartin

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Dobson has really been forced into the top role with injuries and disappointing play from others. I'd say he's killing it and is playing a huge role out there. He is also playing quite a bit on LD too so that versatility to play his off side is just sprinkles on top of the sundae.

Dobber's testicles have descended... and they are scraping the floor. :)
And they sprouted some hairs.

Reactions: PWJunior

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
On the team. Under Trotz they had the bend but don't break thing, and used to mainly concede low danger shots. I can't remember them being totally outplayed like this on a nightly basis. They had bad patches but not every night.
While they have been eking out wins, this Lambert team is getting wildly outshot almost every game, something like 90-40 last two outings.
At the end of the day the result is all that matters I guess, but it is hard to believe that this sort of overall form is going to continue to produce wins.
If they are to succeed this year they surely need to find a way to consistently at least match other teams in general play,

Reactions: Lame Lambert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad